(photo cred: Vafa Photography)
Hey, Mamas!! A bunch of you had asked for a round-up of the cutest, chicest, and warmest winter boots. I’m a Michigan girl originally, the Upper Peninsula in fact, #yoop, so winter boots (or “shoes” as we called them growing up) are kinda my thing.
There are so many good ones to choose from. At the moment, I have two favorites – one pair of Sorels (pictured above) that I’ve worn in -30 degree weather (seriously) and a pair I just picked up for apres ski (there’s a pic on my insta, @shanachristine.) When looking for winter boots, I tend to gravitate to one of three styles:
1. Contrast laces (they make a world of difference – and it’s fun to match gloves or hats or even lipstick to the laces for a punch of color)
2. Sleek, urban-chic styles
3. Crazy colors and whimsical styling because WINTER. It’s LOOONG.
Here are my favs:
1. Sorel Glacy Explorer Cold Weather Boot – totally obsessed with this colorway. Would soften up an all-black outfit or look so good with an army-green parka.
2. Pajar Garland Boot – adore the faux-fur and the cheery red laces. A perfect boot for slipping on over skinnies.
3. Sorel 1964 Premium CVS Boot – this is the boot I own, updated with this-season’s colorway. These boots are shockingly cute with everything – leggings, jeans, even some dresses & tights. Of course, they’re almost sold out in every size. Amazon has a 10.5 left, Zappos has a few additional sizes.
4. Sorel Glacy Explorer Shortie – Love the sporty vibe and bright pink laces. So cute with skinnies (or cuffed straight-leg jeans), a cozy sweater, and lipstick.
5. Native Shoes Jimmy 2.0 – these are unisex boots, and seriously cool twist on duck boots. I wouldn’t bet on these for major warmth, but if rain is more your thing, these guys would be perfect.
6. Sorel Joan of Arctic Knit II – Major style, major warmth.
7. Sorel Winter Carnival Boots – one of Sorel’s warmest styles. These boots are a bit heavy, but WARM. (I’d also consider getting the black and just buying bright laces.)
2. Jack Wolfskin Rhode Islands – Another boot with a cool, sporty vibe. So cute with skinnies and socks. Would look equally cute with a tailored wool coat as they would with a puffer.
3. Kamik Citadel – Love the brown and the bit of faux-fur trim – they’d be perfect with layers of neutrals.
4. Sorel Caribou – Sometimes, the classic boot is the best. I actually love all colors of this insanely warm boot (this boot is rated as one of their very warmest), with black or cinnamon being my top choices. Mike has this boot (we could twin?), and it IS heavy. But sooooo warm.
5. Northside Bishop Boot – I can’t speak to how warm this very affordable boot is ($60!!), but the fair-isle detail is spot-on.
6. LOWA Valloire GTX Mid – This boot has some seriously impressive specs. I adore the color and the fact that these boots look like something the olympic ski team would wear walking into opening ceremonies. These are just so cool.
7. North Face Nuptse – I haven’t loved much from North Face’s boot line, but this cool black pair is a step in the right direction.
1. Technica Rainbow Moon Boot – I have no words to describe how badly I want these boots. I mean seriously!!! How could these not make you happy??? RAINBOWS. Also, Pax would FREAK.
2. Cobb Hill Brenda – Love the unexpected shiny purple. Feels futuristic, somehow. Would wear with leather gloves and mirrored shades.
3. Technica Quilted Moon Boots – Seriously digging the 70’s vibe. A slightly…less version of the rainbow moon boot. For the afraid. So cute with a colorful hat.
4. Roxy Summit – A sweet little boot that is begging for patterned socks to peek out. Gray fair-isle would be my pick.
5. Technica Moon Boots – Obviously, I’m obsessed with these boots right now. And they come in zillions of colors. So fun.
Stay warm, Mamas!
ps. You can see all of these (plus a few more) in our Winter Boot Shop.