cashmere scarf (25% off)
Happy Thanksgiving! The Black Friday sales are already upon us. And over here at TME, we’re doing things a little differently this year. Partly because it’s so easy to get overwhelmed by too many choices these days, and partly because we just want to enjoy Thanksgiving too, darn it! So we’re going for a highly edited approach to Black Friday.
Below you’ll find my own personal hit list – my top 20 Black Friday finds. These are the things that have got me clicking ‘add to cart’.
Below that? A Black Friday round-up, by retailer. But instead of pages and pages of products, I’ve picked my top four for each. We’re trying to make life easy, not overwhelm with…stuff.
TOP ROW (1-7)
1. Perfect Moment Queenie Jacket $425, but take up to 30% off – I’ve been drooling over this down puffer coat for a while. Shopbop’s sliding sale (up to 30% off depending on how much you spend) is a perfect time to splurge. (Christmas present? MIKE?) If you like the idea of a fun puffer but want something less pricy, I’ve also been looking at this cute red one (also Shopbop) or this one, also in red (LOFT).
2. J. Crew Live a Little Tee $39.50, take 40% off – I will wear this around my dear friend Linzi, the supporter of early bedtimes and the killer of all fun. (Haha just kidding. Love you Linz.)
3. Ray-Ban Erika 54mm Mirrored Sunglasses $91.80 sale price – I love a good mirrored sunglass, they hide wrinkles so well. And this particular pair is my fav because they’re super lightweight, and actually look good with winter hats.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Rockstar Hoop Earring $38, but take 25% off orders over $100 – I love the slightly crazy shape of these earrings. Not overly serious.
5. Rebecca Minkoff Wristlet Pouch $85, but take 25% off orders over $100 – Most days I dash out the door with my phone in one pocket and a wallet in the other pocket – no bag. This cute little wristlet is a nice compromise (and doubles as a date night clutch). If you love this pattern as much as I do, it does come in the Leo clutch as well.
6. DL1961 Ankle Skinny Jeans $218, but take up to 30% off – Totally and completely obsessed with this two-tone waistband. DL1961 is one of my new favs – they fit well, and are doing some really interesting things with denim. Love these.
7. Rebecca Minkoff Bridget Mary Jane $175, but take 25% off orders over $100 – I so adore a quirky shoe, and this one is the kind I really would wear forever.
MIDDLE ROW (8-12)
8.LOFT Sheer Dot Ruffle Blouse$59.50, take 40% off – The top I realllllly want is this ALC one for almost $500, but….LOFT is getting pretty darn close at a fraction of the cost. (See more examples of LOFT killing it with these types of tops, below.)
9. and 10. ThirdLove Satin Bra and Bikini, take $35 off the set (sponsored item) – While ThirdLove did reach out, asking to be included in this roundup, it was a pretty easy decision on my part. Not only am I a longtime fan, but I’ve been eyeing this particular set. So flipping pretty, and the bottoms…whoa. I swear, that sheer back is sexier than a thong. 😉
11. Aqua Cashmere Turtleneck $89 sale price – We’ve been getting more and more questions about affordable cashmere, and this one, so far, is my top pick. I have the black donegal and am OBSESSED. It’s really good. (I went up one size to a small, though, for longer sleeves and a slightly slouchier fit.)
12. Golden Goose Mid Star Sneakers $530, but up to 30% off – I’ve been stalking Golden Goose sneaks for years and this is what I’ve learned: the leather ones are infinitely more comfortable out of the box than the velvet or canvas. And the hightops are most comfortable of them all. They’ve been magically engineered (by unicorns, given the cost) to look amazing on your feet. If ever there was a time to splurge on these bad boys, it’s at the Shopbop black friday sale.
BOTTOM ROW (13-20)
13. Madewell Velvet Pjs $29.50, but take 25% off – I have these! The photos do NOT do these gorgeous little PJs justice. More on the blog soon.
14. Jules Smith Crimson Chain Choker $31.50 sale price – I love how delicate this little choker set it. So perfect for everyday.
15. Sorel Glacy Explorer Snow Boot $94.50 sale price – Amazon’s Black Friday picks are sometimes confusing, but the original price of these boots is, in fact, $135. I’m loving the sporty-but-cool vibe, and the serious warmth. I’ll be wearing these every weekend skiing, and will be packing them for our trip home to Michigan this Christmas.
16. Colleen Rothschild Gift Set $65, but take 30% off (sponsored item) – Colleen sent me this kit – I’ll do a little unboxing on Instagram – but it’s going to be my go-to gift this year for EVERYONE. It has travel sizes of my life-changing cleanser (and muslin face cloth), Face Oil No.9, and the Extreme Recovery Cream I adore. I did a full review of all of my favorites here. This is basically my entire night-time routine (with the addition of retinol).
17. Colleen Rothschild Radiant Cleansing Balm $64 – This has been on my gift guides and black friday roundups for the last several years. And for good reason: it’s AMAZING. If you haven’t yet heard me blather on and on about this one, this cleansing oil removes every tra’sce of makeup without requiring splashing water all over my face every night. GAME. CHANGER. (Or at least it was, three years ago. Now it’s just the thing I can’t live without.) Oh and yeah – Buy extra muslin cloths.
18. t3 Twirl 360 $230, but take 25% off – T3 has made some of my favorite hair dryers, but now that my hair is long again, I’m eyeing up these curling irons (are they even called that anymore??). There’s a ton to choose from, but the Jetson-sounding one that twirls in the direction that it senses your hand is trying to go in has my number. God knows I need all the help I can get. Here’s hoping.
19. Splendid Thermal Henley and Legging Set $88, but take 30% off – I love this style of PJ set. Cute and warm (and even a little bit sexy), but the legs don’t get all wrapped up and bunchy in the sheets. J.Crew also has a cute one on sale.
20. Kindle Paperwhite $89.99 sale price – I cannot find words enough to fully express my love for my Kindle Paperwhite. I read this thing late at night in bed (it’s backlit), I read it on the beach in full sun, it is a JOY to read. Love, love, love.
The Black Friday Retailer Round-Up
Anthropologie – EXTRA 25% OFF SALE SECTION
Amazon – Coming Soon!
We have a whole other article coming out about Amazon deals….stay tuned!
Abercrombie & Fitch – 50% off + free shipping
Buru – 25% OFF EVERYTHING
Shop Buru, if you don’t know, focuses on nursing-friendly pieces….but Morgan’s eye is so good, that these pieces will work far beyond nursing. And she is (as we say in the mid-west), good people. Real, funny, and kind. I love supporting her.
Colleen Rothschild – 30% off EVERYTHING
As I mentioned above, this is basically my entire nighttime routine. I can’t say enough about this line. You can read my detailed review here. Here are the products I’m stocking up on….
Express – 50% off EVERYTHING + free shipping
INTERMIX – 40% off Select Styles
This sale is an early-bird only, so as of right now, it only goes through Thanksgiving day.
J.Crew – 40% off purchase + free shipping
Land of Nod – 20% OFF EVERYTHING
I’m so beyond obsessed with Land of Nod’s sheets for kids – I want them on my bed. And if you need a seriously fun kid gift, try one of their personalized sleeping bags. Gwen gifted the boys with the colorful one, and my boys LOVED it. They still drag them out and “camp” in the playroom.
LOFT – 40% OFF EVERYTHING
There’s a ton of good stuff at LOFT right now. But the standouts? Their party-ready tops. Not only have they re-released my longtime favorite cami in alllll kinds of pretty fabrics, but a few of their black tops look similar to this expensive ALC top I’ve been coveting. (And I included a few extra pieces just for fun.)
Madewell– 25% off your purchase
Nordstrom – Extra 20% OFF SELECTED SALE ITEMS
North Face – up to 25% off + free shipping
Rebecca Minkoff – 25% Off Orders of $100
Splendid – 30% off full priced styles
Another early bird sale! Through Thanksgiving only right now.
Shopbop – Up To 30% Off Full-Priced Items
Shopbop is doing it’s normal sliding scale: 20% off orders of $200 or more, 25% off orders of $500 or more, and 30% off orders of $800 or more. I use these sales to either splurge on pricier items, or stock up on my favorite basics.
West Elm – UP TO 30% OFF
This is another sliding scale, so if you’ve been thinking about a big furniture or lighting purchase, now is the time. I’m not the home guru, so below are just a few fun things that caught my eye.