It’s no secret that I love white denim, especially in the summertime.
White denim is a favorite item in my wardrobe and reminds me of all my favorite summery things: Nancy Meyers rom-coms, beachy east coast aesthetics, sipping Aperol Spritz’s, old jazz classics (not sure why it takes me to that last one but it just does — roll with me).
I’ll throw pretty much anything on with a good pair of white denim, but I’ve narrowed down five of my favorite kinds of tops to reach for when rocking my favorite summer jeans.
White Jeans Are Easier Than You Think With Any Of These 5 Summer Tops
- A white tank: It can be simple and ribbed or pretty and dainty, but any white tank is an effortless pairing with white denim. Don’t get tripped up by trying to match the shades of white, the key is mixing and matching a variety of tones. I love throwing on a creamier top with a brighter bottom, it gives an outfit dimension that I love! This white tank from Faherty is perfection — it’s boxy, lightweight, and can be worn with any bra!
- A summer sweater: I understand not everyone lives in a place where sweaters can be worn in the summer, but if you’re on the breezy coast or somewhere that cools down after dark, a good summer sweater can go the distance. Stripes give off a preppy vibe that pairs perfectly with white denim, and Billabong has the softest lightweight sweater this summer.
- A graphic tee: I typically love my graphic tees oversized, but there’s something chic about a graphic tee worn true-to-size with a great pair of white denim. MOTHER makes fantastic graphic tees with some of the cutest (and oftentimes cheekiest) phrases, this “margarita” tee is so good!
- A boxy tee: If there’s one top I recommend you add to your wardrobe this summer to pair with white denim, it’s this organic cotton slub tee from Eileen Fisher. The boxy cut is balanced out with longer sleeves for a fit that is comfortable and extra pleasing to the eye.
- A button-up: The most versatile of the whole bunch, a button-up top can be worn in so many ways (especially in the summer!). Wear it fully buttoned, half buttoned and tucked, open over a fitted top, or even thrown over a bathing suit. Free People has been making this cotton gauze top that I’ve owned in multiple colors over the years, and it’s perfect for all sorts of occasions!
Shop The Video: