What is it about a pretty red dress in the summertime?
You know me and dresses aren’t a usual thing, but finding an easy dress in the perfect shade of red is just undeniably good this time of year — and this one has been my go-to.
Fun & Flirty: Pretty Red Dresses For Summer
A red dress is memorable, fun, flirty and gorgeous. I think everyone else must think so too because they keep selling out!
I’ve tried my best to round up some red dresses that have really special elements: pretty ties, fabulous flattering cuts, and flirty volume. There are some beautiful options out there right now, but like I said, they’re going fast. I totally want to float around in this Asos tent dress. It would make the perfect coverup, picnic dress, etc.,. I think I’d live in it! And this beautiful option from Etsy. Wow. Both of the Madewell dresses (this tie waist and floral silk option) are lovely, so versatile, and flattering.
Happy red dress perusing!
1. asos tent dress – This is just insanely gorgeous…another dress I want to float around in this summer.
2. madewell tie waist (in petite & regular!) – So flattering, and such a pretty deeper red.
3. madewell silk floral – Ooh, love this! And it’s an extra 30% off with code HOTSTUFF
4. balloon sleeve maternity dress -Love love the sleeves on this. SO cute for expecting mamas.
5. etsy tie strap maxi – GAH this is stunning! It could work for so many and gets great reviews. Would be a beautiful coverup, too.
6. tiered maxi – Comfy, flattering, and under $50!
Shop More Red Dresses
I’ll admit I had planned to have a few more pictures of this lovely dress for you, but ahem, I’m out of practice taking pics apparently (#thanksquarantine) and didn’t steam the dang thing before our shoot. Doh. It’s comfy and lightweight and breezy though and I love it styled with a white tee underneath. The fabric is pretty soft (and therefore a little less forgiving) but had I actually remembered to iron it, there would have been a cuter representation here. Dang it. Smiling sweat emoji. My brain cells these days, y’all. You too? #solidarity
Have you found a great red dress lately? Or do you have a different color you love that just makes your heart skip a beat?
For down-to-earth-talk with a side of funny-ish, follow me over on Instagram @laurajansenstyle or hop over to my personal site laurajansenstyle.com. Some days there will be dancing, some days there will be recipes, and some days there will be none of that… just a Portland mom getting through the day. Ooh and some days there will be an announcement of my new t-shirt line dropping! All are welcome!
Photos by the fab Posy Quarterman Photography