Washing your hair is a pain — we get it. It takes time, and time is a finite resource for all of us. Stretch out time between washes by using one of our favorite dry shampoos. From sprays to powders, light to dark hair, salon favorites to drug store finds, we’ve got your new favorite covered. Here’s our roundup of the best dry shampoos for moms on the go (in no particular order).
1. R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo: “The quickest way to get volume and body into your hair.” This spray smells great, adds texture, absorbs oils, and doesn’t leave any white residue or leave your hair feeling stiff and crunchy. Don’t just take my word for it…many reviewers said this was the best dry shampoo they’ve ever used.
2. Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder: An all-in-one dry shampoo, volumizer and style extender, this powder (non-aerosol) formula is my favorite way to add volume at my roots without having a ton of product buildup. This is the only dry shampoo I can use the same day I wash my hair – it doesn’t weigh it down or add too much texture.
3. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo: This one is “powered by a patented healthy hair molecule (OFPMA) and triple-action cleaning technology that absorbs and removes oil, sweat, and odor for ultimately refreshed hair.” You may have seen the before and after pictures of how this product works, but I can tell you from personal experience that it’s awesome. It doesn’t leave residue and actually helps your hair to feel clean.
4. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried and it smells heavenly. It’s vegan, hypoallergenic, and free of sodium chloride and colorants, and is a four-time Allure Best of Beauty winner. This one adds soft texture (along with cleansing and volumizing) without adding heaviness.
5. Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder Tres Invisible Dry Shampoo with French Pink Clay: This one absorbs oil and sweat and contains UV filters to protect your hair from the sun. This one feels wetter as it goes on, but don’t let that freak you out (like it did me the first time I used it). It dries down to soft, voluminous hair quickly. This one also comes in a nourishing formula for dry or damaged hair (like mine!).
Best Drugstore Finds
6. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo: My mom hates the name, but this stuff is seriously cheap AND good. Never tested on animals and free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes, gluten, nuts & soy. Tapioca is a natural talc-free, oil-absorbing gentle starch that adds volume and refreshes hair.
7. Batiste Dry Shampoo: This is my favorite drug-store brand. I’m very particular about scent — I probably won’t use a product (even if it’s amazing) if I don’t like the way it smells. This one comes in a TON of different scents so you’re sure to find one you like. (My favorite is wild, but one reviewer said it reminded her of cheap perfume — HA!) It also comes in special formulas for blond, brunette and darker hair colors.