A few years ago, Shana introduced us to Colleen Rothschild skincare. This was back when I didn’t wash my face on a nightly basis (gasp — I know. I get it now. Gross, right?) and she suggested I try the Radiant Cleansing Balm. It was amazing. Seriously, the smell, the feel of the warm muslin cloth on my face . . . it was like a mini-spa experience at home. I had hated washing my face, but this left my skin feeling so soft, it’s become a kind of nighttime ritual that I actually look forward to. I’ve slowly added more and more of her products over the years, and I swear my skin has never looked better. So when she came out with some new products (including for hair!) I couldn’t wait to try them.
Colleen Rothschild Sets Make The Perfect Gift
Since Mother’s Day is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun for Mom and I to get together for a girls night in . . . some wine, some popcorn and no kids! I brought over some Colleen Rothschild sets as gifts for Mom (who is also a huge fan) to open. We rarely get to spend time alone together like this, and who says Mother’s Day needs to be celebrated on the actual day? It was fun showing her all of the new products and explaining how to use them. (I didn’t even have to do any wrapping because the packaging was so pretty.)
(on sale for $34) In the Hair Care Essentials Kit there’s a mask, a serum and a brush all packaged together in an easy-to-gift box. This stuff smells amazing. (I literally want the scent bottled as a perfume!) The Quench & Shine Mask can be used as a deep conditioning treatment or a daily conditioner (it doesn’t weigh your hair down) and made my super-fragile, brittle bleached hair feel incredibly soft. The Smooth & Shine Hair Serum can be used on damp hair before styling or dry hair to smooth frizz and boost shine. I like using it on second-day hair to smooth my ends.
- QUENCH & SHINE RESTORATIVE MASK is a “color-safe conditioning treatment to soften, detangle and revive all hair types without weighing it down.”
- SMOOTH & SHINE HAIR SERUM helps “banish frizz, tame flyaways and quench dry ends with the light-weight, transformative power of Cotton Seed Oil.”
- CR HAIR BRUSH This is a great detangling brush – I just leave it in the shower to gently brush through my daughter, Greenlea’s, super-curly tangly hair.
(on sale for $74, $170 value) This is an insanely good deal for three mini versions of Colleen’s bestselling serums. It comes in a magnetic gift box with a bow and includes three serums:
- Face Oil N°9 combines “nine transformative oils that provide an intense moisture boost, deeply nourish thirsty skin, and leave your complexion radiant after the first application.” Shana, Mom and I have all been using Face Oil N°9 for years because it really hydrates your skin and makes it glow. (Add it to extreme recovery cream at night for intense hydration or use alone for a lighter feel.)
- Age Renewal Super Serum is a great anti-aging option for those with dehydrated skin who don’t want to make the problem worse by using retinoids or acids. This serum fights the six signs of aging: texture, dehydration, elasticity, fine lines, radiance, and tone, and can be used under moisturizer both morning and night. Mom has been using this one and loves it. (Use both am & pm.)
- Mandelic Acid Radiance Serum gentle enough for daily use, this serum exfoliates and promotes cellular turnover — which results in a more even skin tone and brighter complexion. It also fights fine lines and wrinkles, and helps to unclog pores and remove blackheads. Use it at night under moisturizer. (It’s not recommended to combine this with retinol because they both promote cell turnover.)
(on sale for $44) This is a great way to try all three of Colleen’s masks at a really good price. They can be used all together (check out the diagram of suggested use) or separately depending on your skincare needs.
- Pomegranate & AHA Resurfacing Mask – An “at-home instant facial,” this one is Shana’s new favorite. She says “I use it once a week (at least). I swear it makes me look younger — or at least a little less tired. Totally addicted to the glow.”
- Turmeric & Neem Oil Brightening Mask – This mask brightens and hydrates dry, dull skin. I felt almost felt like I didn’t need foundation after using it. (Almost.)
- Clarifying Detox Mask – I’ve been using this one for years, and I love that it makes my skin feel so clean. You can use it as a spot treatment if you feel a blemish coming on, or all over your face and neck to get rid of trapped dirt and debris. It leaves your skin bright and fresh.
Now through 5/11, Colleen Rothschild is having a Mother’s Day Sale! Receive Up to 50% OFF Select Gifts. No Code Required.
Shop Our Favorite Gifts from Colleen Rothschild
photo credits: Vafa Photography – Amy you are SO much fun to work with and we love your vision!
A huge thank you to Colleen Rothschild for sponsoring this post!! We all LOVE your skin care, and we were so excited to try your (amazing) new hair products. It’s always such a pleasure to work with you. And readers, thank you for your continued support! It doesn’t go unnoticed, and is so very much appreciated.