There are the fall beauty trends that look amazing on runways and Instagram and then there are the fall beauty trends that look amazing in “real” life. I mean, if you want to try the wavy brow trend, I salute you. Your confidence is inspiring. But for those of us who are a little less fearless, I’ve rounded up the top 5 easiest and most-wearable beauty trends this fall. (I’ll be covering each trend with how-to videos in the coming month!)
I’m loving this fall trend of monochromatic eyes, cheeks and lips. Choose different shades of the same color (peach or pink are especially flattering) to highlight your features. This trend looks better if you keep everything soft and apply colors with a light hand.
Favorite Product Combos:
- For peach, try using Too Faced Papa Don’t Peach Blush on eyes & cheeks and Sweet Peach Lip Oil in pure peach on lips (these products smell amazing!).
- For pink, try Posietint Cheek & Lip Stain (leave eyes bare or swipe on a pink blush)
- For nude, try Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in exposed (a nude) and Clinique Long Last Glosswear in tenderheart
2. Graphic Liner
Graphic liner is alllll over the place right now. There’s a ton of funky ways you can apply it, but the easiest way to rock this trend is to stick to the basics. A cat eye is always a classic, or be bold and color your entire lid. Keep everything else soft and let your eyes be the focus.
- My favorite liquid liner is Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner – it’s easy to use and really does stay all day)
- My favorite pencil liner is Urban Decay’s 24/7 liner – also easy to use and there’s time between application and drying to fix any mistakes. (Once it’s on, it’s ON).
- If you’re after precision, L’Oreal’s Infallible Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner has an ulta-fine tip and is smudge-proof.
3. Color Pop
You don’t have to color your entire lid in order to wear this trend . . .although it looks awesome (first pic below). A simple line of a bright blue, green (or even pink) along your top or lower lashes is all you need. And as with graphic liner, let your eyes be the focus of this trend . . . keep lips neutral for your eyes to really pop.
- Stila’s liquid liner that I mentioned earlier also comes in a ton of bright colors that apply smoothly and stay put.
- If you’d prefer a pencil, Urban Decay’s 24/7 Liner comes in a TON of bright fun colors and also stays put.
- If you’d prefer to apply shadow, MAC’s Eyeshadows have always been my go-to for bright and playful colors that are super-pigmented and easy to use.
4. Berry Lips
It just wouldn’t be fall without a bold lip, right? From a soft berry to a darker red, this trend looks awesome with blush and not much else (a bit of mascara if anything). A lot of makeup artists skipped the lip liner entirely and applied it with their fingers for a softer look on the runway.
- Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick is my absolute favorite stay-put all day lipstick that won’t transfer or rub off. Try fiery or beso applied with your finger this fall.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil is perfect for this trend . . . the non-drying formula feels good on your lips and is long-lasting. Try damned or mysterious red for a perfect berry pout.
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide is a highly pigmented gloss that moisturizes your lips with precious oils and has a semi-matte finish. Try mineshaft (bright red) or unspeakable (dark red).
This is probably my favorite trend. I will always love all things glitter. Whether you use a glittery liner or shimmery shadow in neutral colors like gold or bronze or play with bright colors like pink or purple, this look is so playful and fun. Just make sure you’ve got some good makeup remover so you aren’t stuck with glitter all over your face when you want to take it off. (Scotch tape is great for fall-out too!)
- Stila’s Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow is perfect for this look (I especially love their rose gold retro color and am currently lusting after firenze, a warm rose color) and stays put once applied.
- Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner is awesome if you prefer working with liner. Try ACDC (a bright purple) or Midnight Cowboy (a pretty gold).
- If you’d like to work with powder shadows, MUFE’S Glitters look amazing (but are a little more difficult to work with since they’re loose powder) and Tarte’s Tartiest Metallic Shadows are highliy pigmented with the perfect metallic finish. (I’ll feature both of these soon!)
Are there any other fall beauty trends you’d like to see covered? Let us know in the comments!