I found it. The perfect nursing-friendly, post-partum pooch-hiding, booty-balancing, sparkly sequin DREAM dress. I loved this dress the moment I saw it online and ordered it immediately. When it arrived in the mail, I tried it on for Zack telling him I wasn’t sure if I was going to keep it. “Why wouldn’t you keep it?!” he asked. With that reaction? It’ll be staying in my closet, thankyouverymuch. I know I’ll be back again and again to Miss Selfridge – one of my new favorite clothing sites (and everything is up to 50% off this weekend). They have a ton of stylish peices (including this amazing fur stole that I bought because it matched the dress) that won’t break the bank. Now I just need somewhere to wear it . . . along with my other 19 dress picks for this holiday season. Read on to find YOUR perfect dress and some truly amazing Black Friday sales!
Miss Selfridge Dress
Miss Selfridge Green Sequin Wrap Dress (on sale now!)
**A huge thank you to Anjila and The Ore Dock for letting us take pictures there! It’s an awesome kid-friendly brewery if you’re ever in the area!
My Holiday Dress Picks
I LOVE shopping for and wearing dresses. I have always loved dressing up and I’m often the one who shows up overdressed to something, whether it’s a party or just a girls night in. I’ve always been drawn to sequins and sparkles and feathers and (faux) fur and I like wearing them. Life is too short not to wear dresses that you love, right?? There’s something about putting on a dress that you feel amazing in. I’ve collected some of my favorites here and I wish I could have them all. (And somewhere to wear them.)
1. Ladakh Chill Out Dress I love that this dress is so modest with just a hint of skin around the shoulders. I love the detail and the fact that it would be WARM enough to wear in UP winters.
2. Krisa Long Sleeve Ruched Dress I really liked the color of this dress and the fact that it’s nursing-friendly . . . not to mention that ruching is so flattering . . .
4. Topshop Velvet Jumpsuit Oh how I wish my “bass” was a little smaller so I could pull off a jumpsuit. I just think they are so darn sexy. I’d wear it with these shoes, a blazer and a long gold lariat necklace.
5. Goldie Lace Dress I have a black lace dress like this that I wore for my engagement photos. That dress has been an MVP in my closet. I love the fact that it has long sleeves but is still sexy because of the lace. I wear mine with fleece tights and black booties in the winter and strappy sandals in the summer.
6. Lovers + Friends Shimmy Dress I love the color of this dress, but the back is the best part . . . go and look at the back. Isn’t that gorgeous??
7. Torn by Ronny Kobo Franca Dress I’ve always loved one-shoulder dresses and the ruffle on this one is such an awesome detail.
8. Express Sequin Cut-Out Back Mini Dress Express. 50% off. I LOVE their dresses . . . I can always buy them knowing that they’ll fit me, won’t break the bank and look great.
9. Dress the Population Sabrina Dress Sequins. I love sequins. This one is awesome because of the shape . . . I feel like I could easily dress it down because of it.
10. Saylor Naomi Sequin Dress Ahh, this dress. I just love LOOKING at it. I want to look at it in my closet. Isn’t is just gorgeous?? I’d wear it with these shoes from Express (50% off!) and these gorgeous diamond studs.
Here’s more dresses because I couldn’t stop at just 10!
Black Friday Sales!
6pm: 15% off with code 6PMEU112720141585
Banana Republic: 50% off one full price item with code BRFIFTY
BB Dakota: 30% off full-price items with code THANKS30
Guess: Up to 50% off entire store
J. Crew: extra 40% off sale & free shipping
Juicy Couture: 50% off & free shipping with code JCBLACK
Kate Spade Saturday: 30% off with code DEALME
Missguided: 30% off with code CYBER30
Modcloth: 50% off 100s of new arrivals
Necessary Clothing: 25% off site-wide with code BLK 25
Nine West: Up to 50% off and an extra 20% off purchases $125+
Piperlime: 25% off with code THANKFUL25
True Religion: 30% off with code THANKFUL
I think my head might explode!!
Happy shopping, Mamas, but even MORE importantly, we hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. We are thankful for all of our readers!
PS – We’ve been working hard to bring you lots of holiday style ideas in the upcoming days and weeks so stay tuned!
PPS – We’re always updating our Holiday Shop, so be sure to check it out!