We’re big fans of Modcloth over here at The Mom Edit. The vintage-inspired dresses (especially flattering on curvy girls), this post-partum swimsuit our readers rave about every summer, and the awesome online community of customers who share honest reviews (and pictures!) so you can see what their products look like on real people.
Recently Modcloth reached out to see if we wanted to pull together an edited selection of gifts for Mother’s Day. Intrigued, we ventured beyond dresses and swim to find a virtual treasure trove of quirky, unexpected, and seriously fun gifts for mamas of all ages and stages. (And true to form, the price point is good.)
So. If you’re looking for a Mother’s Day gift (or just something for yourself!), look no further. Here are 30+ gifts we’re now obsessed with:
1. Green Ballet Flats: I’m obviously loving green for spring and these flats are an easy way to bring a pop of color to your wardrobe. I just can’t do heels like I used to and these are perforated so they aren’t overly hot.
2. Break the Ice Cooler Bag: Zack and I use cooler bags allll the time and even more so now that we have a little one. For days at the beach, bike rides, car rides, walks with the stroller (you get the idea), cooler bags help keep your food and beverages cold. (I mean, who wants a warm
beer apple juice?)
3. Coffee Cup: I don’t know about you, but I’m in the habit of having to heat up my coffee multiple times a day. This travel mug keeps your beverages hot and is easy to grab and go. (Plus every day we ARE hustlin, amiright?)
4. Gold Coasters: I love things that are beautiful but also have a function – these will prevent those annoying rings on your tables but add a pretty pop of gold to your decor.
5. Gold Striped Notebook: So I recently read an awesome book about writing letters to your children. I keep a notebook like this next to the couch so I can jot fun memories down to share with Greenlea one day. (This one would look great with the coasters!)
6. Gold Jewelry Holder: This jewelry holder turns your favorites into a work of art. I’ve found if I can’t see it, I don’t wear it . . . this would be a beautiful solution to that problem.
7. Rose-Gold Sunnies: Pink sunnies, gold reflective lenses and tortoise shell arms? Yes, please.
8. Simple Drop Necklace: Throw this on to bring a t-shirt and jeans combo to the next level or wear with your favorite dress. Simple enough for everyday wear and elegant.
9. Sun Hat: As I get older, I’m (slowly) realizing the importance of keeping your face out of the sun. This hat is adorable, wide enough to cover your face and shoulders, and won’t get super hot in the sun like black ones.
10. Green Tunic: Available in XS-4X, this is the exact type of shirt I love for its versatility. Wear over a slip dress, shorts, leggings or jeans . . . and the drape is flattering and hides a pooch. (Have I mentioned I love the green for spring?)
11. Life is Tough But So Are You Frame: I mean . . . what Mama hasn’t learned this lesson?? It’s always nice to have a reminder, especially if it comes from a loved one.
12. Bee There in a Minute Watch: The black and gold is such an elegant and modern combo and I love the oversized face. (Reviewers rave about this watch.)
13. Gold Hair Pins: Throwing your hair back in a pony or messy bun looks better when you add accessories. It’s an easy way to dress up your hair (especially if it’s shorter like mine) or to add sparkle without wearing earrings or a necklace.
14. Simple Drop Earrings: I have plain gold drop earrings like this that I reach for all the time. They’re simple enough to wear daily, pretty enough to wear on a night out and are a refreshing alternative to a hoop. (They also look great with the necklace above!)
15. Green Clutch: Use this for lipgloss and your phone or crayons and toys for your little one . . . it’s easy to throw in a diaper bag and go.
1. Anchor Mug: So I wouldn’t use this mug for hot beverages as it’s made of metal, but it would be perfect for a cold cocktail . . . or to store pens or eyeliners . . . or as a vase for flowers.
2. Mint & Gold Watch: Mint is a perfect (and surprisingly versatile) color for spring and summer and this watch would look great in a stack of “arm candy” or on its own.
3. Tequila Mockingbird Cocktails: Love books? Love cocktails? This would make an awesome gift (not to mention some awesome cocktails).
4. Anchor Trays: Trays are just so convenient for everything from serving drinks and food to displaying perfume and jewelry and I love the nautical theme.
5. Denim Jacket: A denim jacket/military jacket combo, I love that this is different from the typical denim jackets we see. The longer length makes it even more versatile.
6. Portable Wood Speaker: We bring our portable speakers everywhere and this one is small enough to fit anywhere from a bike basket to a diaper bag. Its sleek design would allow it to blend right in to your decor.
7. Cocktail Shaker: This shaker is a perfect complement to the Tequila Mockingbird book above. If you don’t have a shaker, you need one. It really does make a difference. In addition to making better cocktails and margaritas, you can actually just use it to chill a beverage (like lemonade) on a hot day – pour over ice, shake . . . and you have a crisp, cold drink that’s super refreshing.
8. Have a Date Day! Picnic Basket: Zack and I bought a child carrier for our bikes last year and we brought Greenlea all over town. We’d pack food and drinks and ride down by the lake, eating when we got hungry wherever we happened to be . . we always inevitably forgot something we needed, so this would be a great way to keep all of the essentials in one place.
9. Gold Sandals: I can’t wear heels like I used to with the amount of running after Greenlea I do, but with these shoes you don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort. I love the ankle detail and these would look great with everything from denim shorts to an LBD.
10. Fringe Scarf: Love the fringe and the neutral color. Super easy to throw in your purse if you’re always cold like me (or for places where they have the AC cranked up).
11. Tan Tote: I actually love using tote bags as diaper bags . . . I put my diaper bag insert in the bottom and have room left on top to add whatever else I may need (sweater, food, coat, etc.) and this neutral color goes with everything.
12. Striped Dress: In sizes small – 3x, this dress is nursing-friendly and flattering. It has a tie in the back to customize how tight you’d like the waist and a strapless bra isn’t necessary.
13. Picnic/Beach Blanket: 100% cotton, this blanket is perfect for the beach or picnics . . . and I personally like to layer one under my towels at the beach to reduce getting sand everywhere!
14. Mint Earrings: These remind me of the more expensive ones . . . but are more budget-friendly. (And you all know I’m all about the budget.)
15. Dinosaur Earring Stud Set: These earrings are uniquely awesome and a perfect gift for a mom who needs to keep her accessories simple and out of grabby toddler hands.
PS – A huge thank you to Modcloth for sponsoring this post! And readers, thank you SO much for your support of The Mom Edit. We appreciate it very much!