I don’t know about you ladies, but here in Boston we are BEYOND ready for this winter to be over. It feels like we’re living on the set of Frozen, and starting to question naming our new baby Elsa (my husband wants you to know it was NOT inspired by the movie, he was blissfully unaware of the snow queen’s name until Frozen Fever hit our house hard right before baby was born)! Back to back blizzards followed by weeks of arctic temps meant a lot of time logged at home…and frankly, I’m sick of looking at the same old stuff by now. Which means it’s the perfect time to introduce our Refresh Your Nest series of product roundups to zhush up your home for spring. (It’s totally a word – the American Dialect Society put it on their 2003 Word of the Year list #themoreyouknow). Because I’m actually looking forward to those April showers this year – as long as they’re not snow – let’s start off with shower curtains!
In terms of design impact, shower curtains are the biggest bang for your buck when decorating your bathroom. They’re super easy to switch out when you want a new look, and can really set the tone for the whole room. Plus, you probably shower daily (new moms: you get a pass), so a change of scenery will do you good! Check out these picks for a little mood boost in the bath…
1. Woodland Garden Shower Curtain, Urban Outfitters: Wowza. This one will wake you up faster than a double shot of espresso! The top third of the shower curtain is white, but then the party starts – simple black & white line drawings with shots of happy color might make early mornings a bit less painful.
3. Caitlin Shower Curtain, Nordstrom: This one reminds me of a tropical ocean on some sunny island – what a nice escape from brown snow and gray skies!
4 & 5. Vintage Beach Shower Curtain, Target and Stardust Covering New York Shower Curtain, Urban Outfitters: Go to your happy place with these on trend photo-real shower curtains, whether it’s the beach on a hazy summer day or spring-y stardust in the city that never sleeps.
6. Odyssey Shower Curtain, Urban Outfitters: Live the life aquatic with an adventure on the high seas every time you clean up! Kids will dig the cool wave details and the surprises within, like a pirate ship, whale, and a mermaid chillin’ with a giant octopus.
7. Garden Buzz Shower Curtain, Anthropologie: Anthro knocks it out of the park doing what they do best: quirky cool prints in gorgeous color schemes. This dramatic curtain’s definitely a game changer – you could redesign your whole bathroom based on it, or just choose any of the interesting colors to match with a new set of towels. Either way, your bathroom will look all “I woke up like this” – effortlessly pulled together but gorgeous. #beyonceyourbathroom
8. Ikea Tvingen Shower Curtain, Amazon: Leave it to the Swedes to come up with a simple yet witty shower curtain. I love the fun black & white graphic, which basically goes with any color scheme you’ve got going on. The clean modern design might be just the wake-up call your bathroom needs, at a great price.
And because I couldn’t resist, here are a few more:
Are you all planning any spring mini-makeovers for your home? We’d love to see pictures of your pretties! The sun’s out today, so even though we got another 6 inches of snow last night spring’s on its way – stay tuned for more product roundups in the Refresh Your Nest series coming soon!