This summer my love of ‘all things straw’ has reached a whole new level thanks to my latest obsession with raffia footwear. Like wicker, straw, and rattan, raffia is a natural fiber that’s made from woven or braided African palm leaves and they are EVERY. WHERE. THIS. SUMMER. They’re the perfect summer shoe: they’re breathable AND durable, with a laid-back beachy vibe. The braided texture adds interest and depth to an outfit, and you can even find ones that are handwoven (and ethically sourced) from Morocco and Africa like the pair I’m wearing from Etsy.
Here’s a round-up of my favorite raffia styles out there right now!
1. Soludos Raffia Braided Slide Sandals, $119.00 – Soludos is one of my favorite summer shoe brands. They’ve got that Boho beachy vibe down with their all-natural, eco-friendly jute sole styles. They’re comfy and well-priced.
2. Pour La Victoire’s Layne Slide Sandals, $194.00 – Raffia bows add a unique flair to these slide sandals. They also come in beige and a gorgeous vibrant red.
3. Joie’s Payden Raffia Slides, (40% off for $179.00 at Revolve) – Love the pom-pom embellishments, a fun way to add some flair to woven sandals. Also come in red.
4. Ralph Lauren’s Mallorie Raffia Sandal, (10% off for $219.99 at Ralph Lauren) – I’ve been lusting over these platform, lace-up raffia sandals for weeks now. They’d go perfect with cropped jeans and a ruffle cami, or with midi dresses.
5. Kaanas Santa Fe Raffia Pom Pool Flats, $109.00 – Simple and sweet slip-on flats, perfect for beach days or the pool.
6. Louis Et Cie’s Arytha Pom Slides, $119.00 – I love the colored poms!
7. Steve Madden Amuse Braided Raffia Slides, $79.00 – Platform braided raffia slides, simliar style as the Ralph Lauren’s, but less than half the price.
8. Dolce Vita’s Corey Slide Sandals, $89.95 – I’ve had my eye on these fun, patterned slides. LOVE the style and color.
9. Castaner Wakame Flatform Sandals, $230.00 – I love the multicolored braids on these Castaner flatforms.
1. Sam Edelman Celina Sneakers, (50% off for only $45.00 at Shopbop) – Ordered and anxiously awaiting these. One of my favorites styles of the bunch. I love everything about these: the price, the stripes, the great reviews. Plus, Espadrille sneakers are my ideal Summer shoes because they’re both durable and stylish and made to be worn. These have serious potential to be my favorite shoes of the summer.
2. Soludos Raffia Mule in Neutral, $99.00 – A simple raffia mule by Soludos. They go with everything and also work as house slippers.
3. Soludos Ibiza Raffia Sneakers, $99.00 – Another Raffia sneaker option that combines style with practicality.
4. Dolce Vita Caley Block Heel Mules, (on sale for $84.00) – Dolce Vita’s bestselling Core Block Heel Mules in Raffia, revamped for the summer.
5. AGL Woven Mule, (40% off at Nordstroms, $207.00) – The best deal of the group. AGL’s mules were originally $345.00, they’re now $130 off, and come in two colors: cream and navy. Sizes run small, order a size up.
6. Loeffer Randall Rainbow Alfie Espadrilles, $295.00 – How fun are these?? I wish I was going to Lollapoolaza this year so I had an excuse to get them.
7. Fabio Rusconi Woven Pommed Slides, $284.00 – My favorite style- these just make me happy.
8. Schutz Nairi Tassel Mules, $180.00 – Love this pair!
9. Barney’s Pom-Pom Embellished Raffia Mules, $235.00 – Another one of my favorite styles! Love the poms and the navy color.
Well, we skipped spring and went STRAIGHT to summer here in West Michigan- so I’m headed to to the beach! Hope everyone’s enjoying this weather!
These sandal finds are amazing, thank you Jessica Ross
Oh! The 8th sandals are exactly what I need! Thank you for sharing the post! Love your picks.
The outfit deets? Those jeans!!