Sephora is starting their BIG HOLIDAY SALE this weekend! VIB Rouge Members use code: ROUGEBONUS to get 20% off your ENTIRE purchase. Codes are one-time use only. I could spend hours swatching colors, smelling perfume and playing with products from Sephora. It really is a labor of love to try all the products I can to share my thoughts with you guys. From foundation to skin care to hair tools, here are my top picks from each category I could think of. Enjoy the sale!
1. Primer: No Poreblem Primer, Touch In Sol This highlighter smooths skin without feeling super slippery or thick and provides an awesome base for makeup.
2. Foundation: The Etherealist Foundation, Kevyn Aucoin LOVE. This is a new(ish) find that isn’t too dewey or greasy or too matte. It gives great coverage with a moisturizing, luminous finish (not oily).
3. Concealer: Multi-Perfecting Concealer, Guerlain I’m always on the search for the best concealer. With dark veins under my eyes, I want a concealer that will cover without creasing and caking into fine lines. This stuff is amazing . . . great coverage and super hydrating which is the perfect combo for aging skin.
4. Skin Care: The Microdelivery Resurfacing Peel, Philosophy I am not a big skincare person, but this is my #1 favorite product to use on my skin. It is worth every single cent. My skin is smooth and glowing afterwards. Try it . . . you will LOVE it.
5. Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette (Original) I’ve bought every palette that’s come out since the original and while they’re all amazing in their own way, the original is the best. If there’s ONE I had to pick to use for every day (including special looks for nights out) this would be it.
6. Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) This makes the BIGGEST difference when wearing eyeshadow. Colors are truer, richer and last longer. I actually use this primer on its own even when I’m not wearing any shadow to even out skin tone and hide those veins in my lids!
7. Liquid Eyeshadow: Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, try three in this kit I fell in love from the first color (rose gold retro) I bought . . . since then I have amassed a collection of these babies because they’re SO easy. They stay on, there’s no glitter fall out and the colors themselves are gorgeous (metallic OR glitter . . . ).
8. Blush: Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, Tarte An old favorite – still my favorite. This blush stays on, blends well and comes in a ton of colors . . . my favorite is exposed (a nude pink).
9. Highlighter: BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Opal This is my all-time favorite. I find powder highlighters the easiest to work with and this one gives the most amazing glow. I find I only need a little bit of powder on my brush to make a big impact with this one and I can wear it year-round.
10. Liquid Liner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner Easy to apply, stays on once it’s dry and comes in a bunch of colors (aside from your basic black and dark brown, which are both perfect for daily wear).
11. Eye Pencil: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil My favorite pencil, this one also comes in a ridiculous amount of shades and is perfect for smudging and blending . . . but once set, it stays on!
12. Bottom Lash Mascara: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara I can’t use regular mascara on my bottom lashes without it getting all over the place. This little brush makes it easy to apply and the formula itself doesn’t flake or smudge.
13. Mascara: They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara, Benefit Cosmetics A newer favorite of mine, this makes lashes shiny, long and full. It doesn’t smudge (ok a little smudged after I slept in it, but not during the day) or flake and it builds easily.
14. Contour Powder: The Sculpting Contour Powder, Kevyn Aucoin In three shades, all cool, which is the important thing when looking for a contouring powder. You can’t use any bronze shade for contouring and you definitely want to stay away from any shimmer. This stuff is perfect.
15. Bronzing Powder: NARS in Laguna Not to be confused with contouring powder, this is a gorgeous bronzer to apply to places where the sun naturally hits your face for a sunny glow.
16. Powder: Translucent Loose Setting Powder, Laura Mercier After my favorite powder was discontinued, I had to find one I loved just as much. I actually like this one better because it’s a bit lighter but still sets your makeup beautifully.
17. Brow Product (to fill in brows): Dipbrow Pomade, Anastasia Beverly Hills If you have thick brows that don’t need to be filled in that much, this isn’t for you . . . if you have patchy, sparse brows, this IS for you. I love this stuff because my anemic brows need all the help they can get.
18. Brow Pencil (to define and shape brows): Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape & Define, Benefit Cosmetics I’ve recently converted from Anastasia Brow Wiz (a great pencil) to this one because it’s thinner (for more precision) and crazy long-lasting.
19. Highlighter Pencil (for under brow and inner corner of eyes): Highlighting Duo Pencil, Anastasia Beverly Hills One side is matte, the other is shimmer . . . put the matte under your brows and the shimmer on the inner corner and you’re good to go. LOVE this pencil (it lasts forever too).
20. Lip Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil In a ton of colors, but if I had to pick one I would go with ozone, their clear color that can be worn under any lipstick color – from red to nude for extra staying-power that prevents feathering.
21. Lip Gloss: Full-On Lip Polish, Buxom This plumping gloss tingles when you put it on, hydrates with vitamins A & E and gives a glossy look that lasts. In a ton of colors, including a clear diamond finish that looks really pretty layered over a favorite lip color.
22. Liquid Lipstick (stain): Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, Stila We love this stuff . . . Beso is our favorite red (which now also comes in a gorgeous shimmer finish) and Como is a gorgeous bright purple I love wearing in the summer.
23. Straightener: GHD Nocturne Platinum Ok, yes this is expensive. But then I thought back to how long my last straightener lasted and how many times I used it . . . and how damaged my hair is. This one promises to create less breakage and I love how smooth it is to use (no dragging and catching on hair). I use this for straightening AND curling and I swear my hair is thanking me.
24. Hair Dryer: Dyson Supersonic Worth every penny. It’s definitely an investment, but one that your hair will love you for. Faster dry time, less damage, smoother hair . . . my sister-in-law who owns her own salon says this hairdryer is by far the best dryer she’s ever used and that everyone needs to buy one. LOL I concur!
25. Hair Styling Product: Full Dry Volume Blast, Living Proof My hair is kind of . . . blah. This stuff plumps it up without being too poofy and adds some texture . . . it lasts, too. Just shake and tousle to reactivate!
Happy Shopping! Let me know of any great finds in the comments below!