All the spring break clothing coming out right now is making warm(er)-weather dressing SO freaking exciting, right?! I can’t stop peeking at all the swimsuits, fun styles, light colors, summer dresses & resort collections from our fave retailers. It makes planning a trip (even if it’s inspired by one singular pair of linen shorts) sound verrrry tempting.
Trading in those hot, thick winter layers for breezy linen, pretty cutouts, and flowy silhouettes can be the best feeling this time of year. And an even better feeling? Getting pretty, new-season things on sale. If only Athleta were having a 20% off Spring Break Staples Sale that we could browse…
Renew Your Spring Style: 7 Monochromatic Outfits From Athleta
Athleta’s sale is hitting just right for spring and summer outfits with wardrobe staples at 20% off. We’re talking linen, swim, shorts, workout clothes & more.
Athleta Favorites We Have (And Love) On Sale
A few our our most-loved, spring and summer-worthy pieces are included in this sale. (Remember Amy’s Retreat Linen pants that she covered last week?) But outside of Athleta’s actual “Spring Break Sale,” we noticed a ton of pieces we have and love that are marked down. Take a peek…
Athleta Spring Break Favorites On Sale
While peeking through the list of sale pieces, I couldn’t help but put together a few monochromatic looks perfect for the coming weather. The light & airy colors, styles, and textures just spoke to me. You’ll see what I mean…
And when I say monochromatic, I don’t mean just black on black or white on white (or maybe I do for a few of these outfits…), I mean going with the same color/shade the entire ‘fit regardless of color. (Especially for spring, which is the omg-it’s-almost-summer time of the year where getting dressed gets more…thrilling?)
1. Monochromatic Outfits For Spring: Sunset Colors
Ok, we’re getting SUPER excited for spring and summer here with these pieces in Orchid Pink & Soft Persimmon. Athleta is constantly impressing us with their colors and timeless styles. These amazing linen pants can be thrown on over a swimsuit, dressed down with a cool bra tank + a crewneck (like below), or dressed up with a pretty tee or blouse. Endless possibilities.
1. Aurora Seamless One Shoulder Tank – I mean, doesn’t this tank just scream happiness? I’d wear it to the gym or with high-waisted jean shorts for some fun on warmer days.
2. Retreat Linen Wide Leg Pant – Prepare to be blown away by Athleta’s linen pant line. It’s seriously SO good. This color + style is such a summer dream. Can totally be dressed up or down with ease.
3. Sundown Sweatshirt II – Looove the second hem at the was it to give a solid crewneck some added detail. This pink is adorable.
2. Monochromatic Outfits For Spring: Cool Blues
If you really wanna look put-together, go for a matching set. They’re just so intentional looking from workout sets like this one to fancier ‘fits for a night out. It’s the perfect base for adding on different toppers like a cool jacket or tee once you have a base like this pretty blue one.
1. Aurora Seamless Tight – I’m dying for this Jay Blue color. It’s the perfect middle blue tone that can be completely seasonless. They’re seamless which is always appreciated.
2. Aurora Seamless Scoop Crop Tank – This is such a good, basic style and would complete the prettiest active blue outfit when worn with the matching leggings. It’s chafe free, seamless, and not too cropped, sitting right above the natural waist.
3. Westerly Jacket – This baby hits at the perfect length to be enough to wear with allll the leggings. Water-repellent, wind-resistant and machine washable. It’s a rainy springtime dream.
3. Monochromatic Outfits For Spring: Sandy Shades
This outfit makes beige (actually, Big Sur Brown) cool — and that’s hard. I know that the T-shirt is really meant for workouts, but I can’t stop picturing it tucked in those cool trousers for a really pretty jumpsuit vibe (that’s much easier to get in & out of). Top it off with that pretty crewneck in Toasted Brown Heather for a bit of warmth, then switch it out for a denim jacket for at night. Neutrals are soooo versatile and cool girl.
1. Momentum Seamless Sport Length Tee: Anything seamless is automatically 10x better. I don’t make the rules. (P.S. This top has a five-star rating.)
2. Brooklyn Heights Wide-Leg Pants: Click on these pants. The pleats add such a special touch to what looks like a pair of seriously comfy & easy throw-on pants. The black is amazing too.
3. Retroterry Crewneck Sweatshirt: I’ve found that pullovers with that thick band at the bottom look a lot more sophisticated even for a sweatshirt. Thumbholes, btw!!
4. Monochromatic Outfit For Spring: Swimwear Chic
This all-black outfit speaks for itself. You know those pool or beach days when jean shorts and a tee over your swimsuit ain’t gonna cut it? This flowy dress is the perfect go-to for day to night. Also, that one-piece swimsuit?! Simple with juuust enough excitement (aka one that would probably be worn one bazillion times).
1. Presidio Dress: I think the pairing of this dress with the strappy, sporty sandals is what did it for me. Mix something feminine with a little something masculine or edgy, and BAM, I’m in. This dress looks like flowy, laid-back heaven with the asymmetrical hemline and racerback. Done so right.
2. Hampton One-Piece Swimsuit: If there’s one thing I’ve learned about good one-piece swimsuits, it’s that a sexy back matters. If you’d like something more conservative in the front, a bit of back showing is what’ll take you to the next level.
5. Monochromatic Outfit For Spring: Bight & Breezy
If you’re hating color or thinking too much about what goes with what, one of my favorite hacks is to turn to white — all over. And, really, in any season. All-white outfits seem too effortless to actually be cute, but trust me here. It’s much more of a fashion statement than it seems, especially if you have a babe or toddler or an especially messy kid. In that case, good luck and keep all your stain-remover hacks close.
1. Breezy Ruched Tank: Ruching can be genius. (Dramatic? Naaah.) It totally makes a simple piece like this tank top look more intentional and elevated.
2. Cabo Linen 4″ Shorts: We love Athleta’s Cabo Linen anything, really. These shorts are definitely no exception and would be such a trusty spring/summer staple to be dressed up or down.
3. Playa Linen Shirt: Another warm-weather staple? A linen button-up. Pop that baby over anything (a fun bra, swimsuit, tank, cami, tee, dress), or wear it alone for the perfect menswear-but-cuter look. Works every time.
6. Monochromatic Outfit For Spring: Going Green
When I see someone wearing the same or similar color in different shades, I always think to myself: “Wow, that works so well. I need to remember to do that.” And then, somehow, I neither remember nor have faith that it looks as good as when other people wear it. But that’s false! And this time, I remembered thanks to Athleta’s constantly pretty color offerings — I mean, the green?? You’re oh-so-welcome.
1. Breezy Tank: The length of this tank top is perfect, especially if you’re not into higher-waisted bottoms. It’s semifitted to “skim over the body,” which sounds soo nice. I’m really into this bright green color for spring.
2. Transcend Stash Leggings: These have pretty amazing reviews. People love the high waistband for a ton of support during workouts (or lots of kid-chasing).
3. Triumph Hybrid Crewneck Sweatshirt: Talk about a cool piece! I love the gathering to give some type of waist/shaping, which is exactly what I look for in a fancier sweatshirt. There’s actually some really interesting color paneling on the sides if you look closely.
7. Monochromatic Outfit For Spring: Yoga Sleek
An all-black workout ‘fit is the sleekest thing you can wear for a sweat sesh, IMO. I love that this look can easily be worn anywhere leggings are accepted (and beyond, if you’re a limit-tester). Black always just looks so sleek, slimming and purposeful — even if it isn’t. (We’ll never know.)
1. Transcend Tights: The full ankle length on these leggings is just right for pairing with any type of shoe if you’re taking this look off the mat. A new, crisp black pair is just the best.
2. Retroterry Wrap Sweatshirt: I’ve been intrigued by wrap sweatshirts for so long but felt they never really looked right. I DO think this one does though. The wrap isn’t too high, and it’s just slouchy enough to be comfortable yet not too tight when tied. I love that the bow hits at the hips too.
3. Aurora Seamless One-Shoulder Tank: Just so stinking playful and cute. I’ll always gravitate toward one-shoulder sports bras and tank tops because they’re just a teeeny bit more playful than the usual.
Shop more fresh spring picks from the sale: