My friend back home does a fun party every holiday season called “Favorite Things Gift Exchange.” Everyone gifts one or two of their favorite finds from the past year or so — anything from beauty to books to candles to accessories.
I think it’s such a great idea, and it inspired me to do a little roundup of some of our own favorite things! (Many inspired by my co-workers and friends here at The Mom Edit!)
I’ve included everything from beauty products to home finds to games and more. This was a super-fun article to put together, y’all. I divided the gifts into two categories…loosely coined “Pretty Little Things” and “The Home + The Hearth.” Because…who doesn’t need something pretty or a new little treasure for your home, am I right?
22 Thoughtful Holiday Gifts For Your Besties For the Resties
Fun fact: My bestie from second to eighth grade was also named Laura. Yes, we thought we were cool AF being best pals AND having the same names and same last initial. Her last name was Hedberg = Laura He. Unfortunately, my maiden name is Holder…so. Thanks, second-grade teacher…that nickname luckily didn’t stick. (I’m already regretting writing this down for public consumption.)
So, whether it’s your bestie from second grade or a new friend you’re just getting to know, I’ve got some thoughtful holiday gift ideas that show you care…
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
1. Biossance Bright Skin Discovery Set: For the jet-setter friend or the one you already know loves Biossance (me). These little sets are perfect for travel, and I don’t know how Biossance does it, but that Rose + Vitamin C Oil really lives up to the hype. I’ve been putting it on over my moisturizer and under my makeup lately, and gah…so glowy and no flakiness as I apply my primer or tinted moisturizer. These little sizes make it so nice to try out products too.
2. Cloud Nine Puzzle: This puzzle is one of Abby’s go-to girlfriend gifts. Imagine how gorgeous it would be sitting out on your coffee or dining room table!
3. Good Chemistry Coco Blush Body Mist: I don’t typically buy many scents on Amazon, but these get seriously glowing reviews, and the bottle is so fun. They also come in smaller travel sizes, so you can try a few scents at a time. The packaging is also so lovely! And, yes, I was definitely thinking of my chemistry-teacher bestie on this one.
4. Travel Beauty Sponge Case: I still need to snag one of these, but these are so great for the practical or traveling beauty-loving friend!
5. Eau Capitale Refillable Solid Perfume: Abby is the best gift giver. This was another of her suggestions, and I LOVE this idea of refillable solid perfume. The case is stunning too!
6. Travel Makeup Brush Holder: Have and love this silicone brush holder. Game-changing and surprisingly lovely.
7. The Hygge Game: This conversation-starting card game just looks fun and cozy to play with friends this winter!
8. BFF Heart Necklace set: The upgraded version of the best friend necklaces you bought at Claire’s in the ’90s.
9. Light & Glow Candle Co.: This gorgeous candle company has a studio next to my friend Posy’s photography studio (where I work from many days). I’ve gotten to smell most all of Emily’s beautiful nontoxic products, and they’re phenomenal. Posy is extremely sensitive to scents and LOVES them too. They’re subtle but don’t get lost. My two current faves are the Karma (pictured above) and Cozy candles, but they’re all so balanced and awesome! They’re awesomely giftable for these reasons!
10. Kopari Supremely Soft Skin Duo: This beautiful set is one of Emily’s and my favorite bath products. The scrub and body cream leave your skin glowingly soft and smelling subtly of coconut and brown sugar with a hint of jasmine. I can’t get enough and bought multiple sets for gifts already.
11. Sephora Advent Calendar: This was Em’s suggestion for gifting to girlfriends, and I’ve already ordered one of these too. How fun is a beauty advent calendar?! They come in both large and small sizes. I’d love receiving one of these.
12. Charlotte Tilbury Mini Collagen Lip Bath Set: I love everything Charlotte Tilbury, and these lip glosses get great reviews. Luxe, special and $25 — perfect for a gift exchange.
13. Anthropologie Slip Silk Pillowcase: Silk to sleep on is the ultimate bestie gift! I only sleep on silk pillowcases these days and have seen less frizz in my hair and no pillow wrinkles on my face. It’s so soft and smooth and really does make a difference.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
1. Escapist Candle Set: This gorgeous votive candle set is Kat’s favorite girlfriend gift to give, and if you know Kat, you know her taste is excellent!
2. “When Women Were Birds” by Terry Tempest Williams: If you saw my recent Vlog on our YouTube channel, you got a little preview of how lovely this book is. I can’t stop recommending it and soaking it in slowly myself. It’s SO beautifully written. And it’s so pretty just sitting around too.
3. Anthropologie Sophie Faux-Fur Throw: These throw blankets are a team favorite around here and come in so many gorgeous shades to fit your bestie’s decor. Then, they can think of what a lovely friend you are every time they curl up in one of these!
4. Tiled Margot Monogram Mug: This mug has now become a classic gift from Anthropologie. Fill it with any of the beauty finds, your friend’s favorite coffee beans, fancy chocolates, the BFF necklace…you name it. I have and love this mug for taking cute pics of my coffee. #NotAshamed, lol.
5. Faux Pre-lit Alpine Tabletop Tree: OK, maybe a pre-lit fake tree is an odd BFF gift? But idk, I’d adore getting one of these, and we all have that friend who has excellent taste in home decor and is prob pretty hard to buy for… If they love decorating for the holidays in a really minimal but chic way, these little trees would be perfect. Or just get them for yourself. And, yes, I also included them because they look so lovely in the collage, haha.
6. Mark & Graham Monogram Jewelry Case: Gwen hipped me to Mark & Graham years ago for a monogrammed jewelry-box gift idea, and I LOVE it. I’ve gotten one of these travel cases as a graduation gift before, but it would be a lovely holiday gift as well!
7. Pura Home Diffuser: I’ve been using Pura fragrance diffusers for months now, and they’re fabulous. You control them with an app, and Pura has the BEST selection of scents from well-known candle/fragrance brands. It sends new scents every one to three months, and I’ve loved them all. My favorites are Hawaii from Homesick Candles and Cassis Tulsi from Anthro. Ooh, and I just saw Pura added Red Currant from Votivo. That’s my dad’s fave and so nostalgic for me! Starter kits and gift cards would be lovely for gifting, then your friend could sign up for their subscription and choose their own scents each time.
8. UGG Scuffita Shearling Slide Slippers: These UGG slides are cozy but still chic. And let’s be honest, we all leave our slippers all over the house…these would be a lovely part of the decor, ha. Oh, yeah, and also comfy to wear!
9. “Bone-jour” Dog Bowl: The fanciest dog bowl around for all the fancy dog moms! So cute. I’m going to upgrade our Camper girl’s bowls, for sure. Comes in a large or small size, depending on your friend’s doggo.
Friends, to me, have always been a cornerstone of my existence. I don’t have a sister, and while I’d go to the mat for my brothers every day of the week, it’s different.
My friends definitely got me through the past few years, and I literally don’t know what I’d do without them. And I adore giving gifts. I feel like it’s tough once you have kiddos to really be able to focus on friend gifts, but I think it needs to again become a priority, at least in my life. My friends never need to feel pressure to get me anything, but I love, love giving them things I think they’ll enjoy.
“Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” —Virginia Woolf
Happy gifting, friends.
And, for more holiday joy, head over to Holiday Central, our one-stop-shop for all the sparkle, sales and presents. Check out our gift ideas hub here, browse holiday outfit inspo here, and shop all the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals here.
Want to keep up with everything else I’m into? Pop over to my Instagram @laurajansenstyle where I love talking about food, sharing OOTDs, posting travel pics and chatting everyday mom-life stuff from Portland, Oregon. Oh, and lots of funny memes and pet videos because what is social media without plenty of those? xoxo