I’ve been waiting patiently…or not so patiently, actually…bugging Shana about the Voloshin x TME collaboration every other day or so. “Shana….I ordered these sandals to wear with the Voloshin pieces. When’s it getting here? Is it here yet? How about now? Is it here? When do we get the pieces? When’s it going online? And most importantly…when can I start wearing this fabulous dress???”
Well…the Voloshin x TME collection is finally here and it’s GOOD!
Lulu Maxi Dress: Sexy, Cute & Casual For Summer
I was fortunate to be in the mix during conversations between Amy and Shana brainstorming the overall concept, narrowing down the designs, selecting the colors, and debating the fabrics of this collaboration. I am now giddy to see the results (FINALLY in person!) of all their work and share dressing room selfies…complete with the comfort shoe sandals (of course) ordered specifically for this collection.
All the pieces from the collection are fabulous — so fabulous! — but it’s not too much of a surprise that my favorite is this cloud soft gauze maxi dress. I love it love it love it! This is the type of dress I live in during the summer, and I desperately want my whole wardrobe to be made of this magical cloud material.
The Black Lulu Maxi Dress (My Favorite!)
The only negative I found with the Lulu Maxi dress is the bra issue. You’re going to have to do no bra, be okay with your bra straps showing, wear a bandeau, or wear a strapless bra. I thought my strapless bra was totally hidden, but I was wrong…you can see it peeking through in a few of the photos where I loosened the straps and let the dress do the deep plunge thing. Other than that…I love it! I love it I love it I love it! Did I say this before? Have I said it enough? Want more details? Here are a few reasons why I love the Lulu so much…
A Few Notes On Sizing…
- I’m 5’2, 32 B bust, 130 lbs and wear an XS
- Shana sized up to a Small so the plunge would be deeper
- The other contributors will be also be sharing selfies soon, so you guys can get an idea of how these pieces look on different bodies and with different styling.
- An additional note* on size range at the bottom of the post.
1. Ridiculously Soft Cotton Gauze
As I said…I want to live in this fabric for-EVER!
2. Easy Styling
Throw on some earrings and cute sandals….done. A cute bag or a headband if you’re feeling super motivated.
- Sandals: Birkenstocks | Tan Sandals | Red Clogs or Here
- Jewelry: Reclaimed Bone Earrings -Similar **Black-Owned Sustainable Pick** | Beaded Earrings – Similar **Black-Owned Business** | Brass Earrings -Similar **Black-Owned Sustainable Pick**
- Accessories: Headband – Similar **Black-Owned Business** | Floral Bag or Here | Straw Bag | White Leather Bag | Sunnies
3. Adjustable Straps (For A Not-So-Deep or Deep Plunge)
We can safely assume Shana will be wearing her dress plunging down to her belly button, and I will be wearing mine tightened all the way up to my neck. Okay…maybe I exaggerate a bit…I actually liked mine a little lower than I thought I would (look at me being all wild!), but I like the option of wearing it higher too.
4. Cute With a Bandeau or Swimsuit Underneath
I know this is going to turn into my wear for EVERYTHING dress…including swimsuit coverup. I also like it with a bandeau if I want a more conservative look with more coverage.
5. A Side Slit (But Not TOO High!)
Yep…Amy has done it again. Perfect!
6. Color Options!!
This coral is gorgeous!!! I will be wearing the black and the coral likely on an every other day rotation. I’m so happy, you guys…do I really need to wear anything else?
- Sandals: Birks | Tan Sandals
- Jewelry: Reclaimed Bone Earrings -Similar **Black-Owned Sustainable Pick** | Beaded Earrings – Similar **Black-Owned Business** | Brass Earrings -Similar **Black-Owned Business**
- Accessories: Floral Bag or Here | Straw Bag | Sunnies
I’ve got selfies of the bow-shoulder top and one shoulder dress coming soon, but wanted to get this posted fast as it’s my favorite of the bunch. I have a feeling sizes of this one are going to go fast.
If you are newer here (and haven’t yet heard us declaring our love for all things Voloshin)…Voloshin was launched in 2017 by husband and wife team Amy and Leo Voloshin. The line is inspired by Amy’s collection of globally sourced antique textiles and garments, and is produced by skilled artisans in India, with a focus on fair labor and ethics. Founded on the principles of integrity, respectful design practices and care, Voloshin strives to make clothes that feel as good ethically as they look aesthetically. As a mother and a lover of fashion, Amy also sought to create a line that was easy to care for without sacrificing style. Our collections feature feminine silhouettes made from Earth-friendly fibers that are machine washable—as effortless to maintain as they are to wear.
*Note on Size Range
As much as I personally love the Voloshin x TME Summer 2020 Collection, I would be remiss to not acknowledge that I am disappointed in the range of sizes. There was a miscommunication along the way, and the plus sizing that was planned was not produced. Our apologies to anyone who is excluded from these pieces due to sizing. TME will absolutely feature gorgeous options for you from other retailers this summer, and do our best to ensure more inclusive size options in future TME collaborations.