Why would you want to wear workout tops with jeans? Well, we’re talking seriously durable tech fabric that’s moisture-wicking and warm, stretchy and soft AND can be thrown in the washer and dryer. Did I mention comfortable?? These tops are the perfect addition to your wardrobe whether you’re going to the gym, running errands or sitting on the couch watching Netflix . . . they’re the perfect tops to throw on and go. No overthinking necessary.
1. Athleta Moto Jacket: I love moto jackets and especially ones that feel like sweatshirts. Wear it with jeans or with leather leggings (from my very first post!) to feel comfortable without sacrificing style.
2. Just Breathe Hoodie: Such a unique hoodie . . . it’s sheer, so it adds just a bit of lightweight coverage. This would be great when the weather gets warmer to throw on to/from the gym or while running . . . errands. (ha)
3. Techie Sweat Hoodie: “Cover your assets length” Ha! Perfect length, a cowl hood instead a bunch of fabric that pulls at your neck (my problem with most hoodies) and those thumbholes that I love. THIS is your new go-to hoodie.
4. Paige Denim High Rise Flares: Paige denim. Curvy girls, you will love it. (I have a post coming explaining why!) High rise flares are still the most flattering cut, IMO.
5. Messenger Bag: Shana actually found this drool-worthy bag and I’m obsessed. It’s made of waxed canvas, is water-resistant and big enough to function as a diaper bag. LOVE.
6. BP Ankle Bootie: These boots come in a ton of colors and patterns and have just enough of a heel to add a bit of height without being painful to walk in.
keep reading for more options…
1. Catch-Me-if-You-Can Hoodie: Ultra soft tech fabric with a kangaroo pouch and thumbholes . . . reviewers LOVE the soft, breathable and warm hoodie that comes in tons of colors.
2. Under Armour Loose Crew Sweatshirt: Lightweight and stretchy, the moisture-wicking fabric keeps you warm and dry and the zip detail adds a little style for an updated sweatshirt.
3. GapFit Breathe Ballet Long Sleeve Tee: Reviewers love this tee for yoga, barre class, or to throw on for after workout errands. I love the thumbholes and the low back!
4. Express Black Mid Rise Jean Legging: Flattering mid rise, thicker than basic leggings, and versatile enough to wear with these sweatshirts or a dressy top on a night out. Win-win.
5. Ju-Ju Be Travel Diaper Bag: “Teflon®-treated, machine-washable fabric keeps stains at bay while an antimicrobial lining helps to maintain a fresh interior.” Sounds perfect for a diaper bag AND/OR a gym bag and I’m loving the stripes.
6. Nike Free 5.0 Running Shoe: Shana wore these when I visited her and I fell in love. They’re sleeker than the photo suggests and super comfy.
1. Paneled Stretch-Jersey Jacket: This jacket is everything. It would look just as good with a skirt on a night out as it would with jeans (or workout pants!) AND is machine-washable. Perfect.
2. Lululemon In a Cinch Long Sleeve Tee: Reversible design (a cute white and black striped pattern on the other side) and designed not to shrink during the laundering process.
3. Pada Pullover: Nursing-friendly and machine-washable. I love the color-blocked arms.
4. Long Sleeve EXP Core Cowl Back T-Shirt: The back of this shirt adds a little sexy to this otherwise plain black long sleeve t. I’m dying to try the Express activewear line . . . has anyone tried it?
5. GAP Girlfriend Jeans: I pretty much live in my girlfriend jeans once the snow goes because they literally go with everything. Everyone needs a pair in their closet.
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Nylon Tote: I first saw a nylon Marc Jacobs bag when Shana was using one as her diaper bag and thought it looked awesome . . . this one is similar and is lightweight, durable and can be thrown in the wash if it gets dirty. The perfect carry-all.
7. Steve Madden Ballet Flat: I’m a heels girl at heart, but that’s becoming less and less realistic as G gets older. These ballet flats are fancy enough to swap out my heels for and the lace-up cord means they won’t slip off my ankle as I walk. (Plus reviewers LOVE these!)