I’ve been gaining weight very slowly since I recovered from my abdominal repair surgery a year ago. It could have something to do with not nursing babies anymore (I was one of those who couldn’t gain weight while breastfeeding), weight/resistance training, and quarantine for sure. Maybe just the last one? My husband Ron seems to love it, though.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020 Preview: Julieta’s Wish List
For jeans, I’m loving Good American, all the Levi’s, the rag & bone Nina jeans and I’ll maybe go for a lower-rise pair, too with these mid-rise AG boyfriend jeans that look comfy enough to wear at home. But I’m also REALLY excited about these Rebecca Taylor pants that are similar to my old faux-leather joggers. Remember this post styling them several ways? They’re a staple in my closet and a higher-end option would be a forever piece in my closet.
Another highlight of the preview is seeing the different skin shades that Spanx is now offering in their shapewear #abouttime. I always stock up during the sale, but not finding a shade for my medium skin always bothered me — it was always either light tan or black. My favorites are these that hold the entire torso, or you can also go for the lower belly only.
Before going too deep into my wish list, I do have to mention these Hanky Panky Retro Thongs that I forgot to include in the collage. I ALWAYS get them during the sale. They’re very flattering and sexy, and cover my stretch marks on days I don’t want to see them.
1. Avec Les Filles Two-Tone Trench Coat – Between us, I find most trench coats boring. This one looks and feels classic with a few modern twists, like that very subtle color blocking and cuff pleats. Can’t wait to try it on.
3. AllSaints Tara Sweater – Last year while cleaning my closet I realized that all my most-worn sweaters have a dropped shoulder, which goes great with my shoulder line, but not so great if you have a sloping shoulder line. I’m sizing down on this one, so it doesn’t drown me. Did I mention it’s made with 60% recycled cashmere?
4. Barefoot Dreams Two-piece Lounge set – One thing I want is pretty pajamas, and I’m all for this lounge set that’s the perfect price on sale. Which color would you choose?
5. Levi’s 721 Skinny jeans – Fall always makes me crave a dark-wash skinny pair of jeans, and Levi’s 721 are some of my favorite skinnies. They have the perfect amount of stretch and hold everything in. They don’t stretch too much after wear, so you can size up for some more room.
6. Good American Good Waist High Waist Jeans – Good American jeans are some of my most comfortable jeans. I love them for traveling and they keep their shape very well. Worth the price! A pair of washed black jeans will never go out of style. (I do need a replacement to those black jeans I can’t zip anymore after all…)
7. Zella Studio Lite Sports Bra – This long type of sports bra is perfect when you don’t want to wear a sports bra with a tank layered over top. This style looks great with high-waisted bottoms like in the picture below. I’m wearing a similar bra with biker shorts right now, hoping to get a workout in later. Love the pink print too — I might have to get it to pair with my black or wine-colored leggings.
8. Zella Studio Lite High Waisted Leggings – Zella’s leggings are amazing, and this print is a must-have. The description says they’re lightweight, so I’m hoping they’re not see-through. Other than that, I love that moisture-wicking fabric they’re made of. I’m not sure about the pink print though, see that red part on the crotch? Hmm…the print may vary per piece, though.
9. Sorel Waterproof Lace-up Boots – Found them! My mom boots for colder months. They have rave reviews and seem to be the perfect walking boot. Now the question is: black or brown? I seem to wear my brown boots more for casual outfits.
10. COACH Trail Leather Crossbody – Only bag in the sale that made me stop. It looks very spacious, and that’s what I’m all about now that I don’t need a diaper bag. I have a similar style, and I can usually fit a small wallet, a small water bottle, lipstick, sunscreen. I’m really hoping this one can hold that. Then, I’d wear it without the strap (looks very stylish) for fancier outfits.
11. True & Co. True Body V-Neck Bralette – I’m done with wired bras for the most part. This wireless bralette has amazing reviews about how comfortable and soft it is. Seems to have been an staple for a lot of women this quarantine.
12. 1.State Cozy Knit Top (More colors available) – I was sold when I saw the model wearing this with a full outfit (click through to see). Reviews are mixed, but I’m still going to order and see for myself. Looks like a great basic top to style many different ways.
13. AllSaints Leather Biker jacket – Soft leather biker jacket in a beautiful white color, or is it blush pink? Looks more like taupe. Any of those colors are great neutrals that would go with a lot. A great alternative to a regular black leather jacket.
14. 1.State Smocked Mockneck Blouse – An under $50 nice blouse to wear with jeans, trousers and shorts. It’s double-lined so no need to wear a camisole if you don’t want to.
15. Spanx OnCore High-Waist Mid Thigh Shorts – These shorts are my go-to when I wear snug things and the best thing is, you can finally choose a shade closer to your skin tone. I believe having great shapewear is a huge part of a great closet. But please don’t get a size too small. The main goal is to smooth things out while being able to breathe. If you prefer those that come up to the waist only, they’re on sale too.
16. Rebecca Taylor Faux Leather pants – These are the pants I mentioned at the beginning. They look very polished but versatile enough to wear with sneakers and a sweater for a great casual look. See nine ways to style them here and four more here.
17. Naturalizer Platform Hiking Boots – Comfortable heels with built-in arch support and all the latest technologies. A heeled combat boot is a great way to add some height while still being comfortable. See 12 Ways I Wear Heeled Combat Boots here.
18. EILEEN FISHER Wedge Sandals – Are you still looking for the perfect pair of sandals? You can get height, comfort, and a pop of color with these. That’s if you go for this color, of course — but they come in black, light tan and taupe, too.
19. rag & bone Nina High Waist Straight Leg Jeans – My most-worn jeans year-round are straight legs. They are great with sandals and I love how they fall over the higher shaft booties in the colder months. Have never found rag & bone jeans I love, but I really want to try these on.
Jeans, Shapewear & Petites: Shop Julieta’s 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Recs By Category
These are the things I will try to order and try-on for a mirror selfie post. Let me know in the comments if you want to see anything in specific.
Pretty Coats & Jackets
The Tops I’m Trying
That Halogen Cashmere sweater will end up being just over $50 and comes in very pretty colors. And that Leopard print top is actually a Merino Wool Sweater — and comes in a pattern print too! Great cold-weather find.
Best High-Rise Jeans
Stay tuned for mirror selfies for all the high-rise jeans I can find. Any specific pair you want me to check?
Pants To Mix-It-Up
A few years ago I got a similar pair to these Leith camel trousers and wore them in Cartagena. I recently had to give them to my sister cause they wouldn’t zip and haven’t found a replacement until now! Halogen has a rust orange version, too.
Comfy Shoes For Extra Inches
I wasn’t crazy about the shoes this year. But I’m always looking for comfy heeled shoes to add 2″ to my petite height. See the stiletto boots? I know my mom would love them. They’re totally her style. Should I get them for her?
You can see the Hanky Panky Retro underwear I mentioned in the beginning – the pink high-waisted pair. They became my favorites the day I became a mom. I might get some of the lower-rise version, too.
I forgot to add these black high-waisted joggers to the collage, but they’re also top of my wish list.
Dresses & Jumpsuits
See you soon when I’m trying on a million outfits and my home is full of Nordstrom boxes/bags! And be sure to check out our Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Guide for all the details and see the other editors’ posts!
Currently taking some time away from IG to take care of my mental health, but would love to see you there when I’m back (@julietatorresd)