It’s almost here, you guys! It’s like Christmas, but instead of Santa bringing presents you get to pick out your own! An… pay for them yourself! OK, so maybe it’s not exactly like Christmas, but it is pretty exciting. And I can use exciting these days. New clothes (even with no place to wear them) is something to celebrate…especially when you snag them on sale.
A Cute, Comfy Capsule Wardrobe: Scotti’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Preview Part II
This year for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I’m focusing on quality pieces that will last longer than this quarantine. I want well-made items I can wear now (at home) but won’t be out of style when life returns to “normal.” The first part of my wish list (including a capsule wardrobe in gorgeous camels and tans) pairs perfectly with the capsule wardrobe below. Mix and match to your heart’s content!
I included my favorites from each category of the Anniversary Sale in the capsule wardrobe below. From tops and sweaters, jackets and pants, to beauty, home, men and even kids, I’ve rounded up all of my top picks. Also, if you like this wardrobe, bookmark this post for when the sale goes live! Using our links to shop the sale (and before you check-out) is a way you can directly support us–-and it is SO very much appreciated!
- Easy Throw-On Cashmere Ruana: Give me all the cashmere, especially if it’s on sale for under $100! I literally can’t decide between all the colors, though…black, taupe, grey, burgundy…throw them on over a graphic tee or a black turtleneck for some extra cozy-comfy warmth.
- Vince Double Slit Mock Neck Sweater: Vince sweaters are known for their quality–Shana has one that’s lasted years (and she wears it alllll the time). I like the neck on this one …not too high and constricting, and I like the side slits for a flattering hemline.
- Open-Front Cardigan: In a number of colors and prints, everyone needs a longer cardigan like this in their closet. Throw on and go, or throw on and lounge. I like mine over a mini dress and over-the-knee boots, or in lieu of a fluffy robe. Super versatile.
- Off-the-Shoulder Sweater: There’s something about an off-the-shoulder sweater that’s just easy and sexy, whether you’re lounging on the couch or going out on a date. (Also in black or grey–I like this one too if you like a longer length.)
- Cashmere Tunic Sweater: I have high hopes for this one, guys. It’s expensive, but I’m picturing a luxuriously soft sweater that can be worn with all the things and in all the situations. Fingers crossed. (Also in light blue or a pretty rose-mauve color.)
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: There are a lot of faux leather leggings out there, but not all of them are created equal (trust me–I’ve tried them all). These let your skin breathe (unlike some that create a barrier that makes you sweaty), are stretchy but hold you in and are by far the comfiest. They’re almost always excluded from sales, so this is a great deal!
- Better Days Will Come Graphic Tee: YES THEY WILL!!! A reminder is always good.
- Distressed Skinny Jeans: Stretchy and comfy with the perfect amount of distressing–for under $50. Woot woot!
- Cotton Blend Sweater Hoodie: A soft and lightweight hoodie sweater…also in a pretty rust color.
- Dr. Scholl’s Maxwell Mule: Dr. Scholl’s is known for comfort, but these shoes are also absolutely adorable. I love the leopard print and versatility of these mules–and reviewers say they’re really truly comfortable.
- White Sneakers: These were originally a part of the sale but apparently are no longer. . . but these Adidas Stan Smith sneakers are actually cuter in my opinion (love that heel) and much less expensive!
- Moonlight Short Pajamas: I have these in the regular length (also part of the sale) and LOVE them. Seriously, I can’t recommend them enough. One reader suggested buying the long pair and the short pair, and mixing and matching–GENIUS.
- Born Block Heel Bootie: Born is another one of those brands that is known for comfort. I love the studs and buckle details on these moto boots.
- (&15) BP Cozy Top & Jogger Pants: It doesn’t get easier than this. I love these sets from BP–super-comfortable, and they come in a ton of colors and patterns. I love lounging in these. (Add UGGs and a puffer for cold-weather errand running!)
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2020: Scotti’s Picks
Top Jackets & Coats In The Sale
Top Pick: Rachel Parcell Leather Moto Jacket—I can’t stop looking at this moto jacket in the most perfect colors–both the tan and blush colors are gorgeous.
Top Jeans & Pants In The Sale
Top Pick: AG Ex-Boyfriend Relaxed Slim Jeans—There are a TON of options in this sale, but these are my favorite boyfriend jeans in a perfectly slouchy fit.
Top Shoes & Boots In The Sale
Top Pick: Aquatalia Stephanie Weatherproof Bootie—The higher shaft and weatherproofing makes these booties incredibly versatile. (Also in navy or light grey.)
Best Tops & Sweaters In The Sale
Top Pick: Halogen Crewneck Cashmere Sweater—In a ton of colors, this soft cashmere sweater is easy to layer and super versatile. The price tag (under $60) makes it an easy no-brainer.
Top Beauty Picks In The Sale
Top Pick: PMD Personal Microderm Pro Device—I have this and it does an amazing job of exfoliating and softening skin (for less than a trip to the spa).
Top Men’s Picks In The Sale
Top Pick: Bonobos Slim Fit Short-Sleeve Button-Down Shirt–Zack loves Bonobos shirts for their fit and unique patterns. Machine washable!
Top Kids’ Picks In The Sale
Top Pick: Stokke Trapp Chair, Baby Set, Cushion and Tray Set—This is the high chair we’ve used with both kids. It accommodates every size, from 6 months to a full-grown adult.
Top Home Picks In The Sale
Top Pick: Luigi Bormioli Set of 6 Wine Glasses—Dishwasher safe and designed to resist chipping, breaking and discoloration . . . in such a cool design.
Be sure to stay up-to-date with all things #NSale through our Ultimate Guide To The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Happy shopping, everyone!!