Well, Sephora’s semi-annual VIB Sale starts today for those of you who are lucky enough to be Rouge. With the code SPRINGSAVE, Rouge Members get 20% off now through 5/1. VIB Members will get 15% off starting on 4/21, and Insiders get 10% off starting on 4/23 (just log-in to check your status). This is a really good time to stock up on favorites or try something new–or both.
Sephora Spring Savings Sale: Favs From A Beauty Editor
So here are the things I’m considering: some tried-and-true favorites and some new things that look really good. (I’ve included a few of these picks in my #stayathome beauty essentials video where I discuss them a little more in detail!)
1. Urban Decay Primer Potion – This helps any shadow to go on smoother and helps it to stay on for a very long time, but I love using it on its own as well–it hides redness and those little veins on your eyelid. It also comes in a shimmery version that’s fun to wear on its own or under shadow as well.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter – If you buy nothing else during this sale, you have to try this product. It can be used in so many ways (watch this video to see some options) and is one of my #1 favorite products of all time.
3. L’Occitane Divine Eyes – This eye cream is AWESOME. It helps to de-puff your eye area (anyone else exceptionally puffy right now??), decreases dark circles and helps reduce crow’s feet. It absorbs right away, and doesn’t leave a sticky mess under your eyes–some under-eye creams are the cause of mascara smudging underneath the eye, but this one works well with makeup!
4. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter – I LOVE highlighters for the radiance they bring to the face, and this one is my hands-down, all-time favorite. Opal is such a pretty color that can be used lightly for a little glow or more heavily when you want to SHINE in the best way.
5. NARS Liquid Blush – I haven’t tried this yet, but I’m really interested in finding a liquid blush that I can use on bare skin for days when I’m not into wearing foundation but need some color…and powder doesn’t adhere as well to bare skin.
6. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer – I love this concealer because it covers dark circles without needing any powder to set it. It’s full coverage without being cakey. (And if you aren’t into full coverage, their radiant concealer is a great lightweight option.)
7. Living Proof No Frizz Conditioner – I love Living Proof’s entire No Frizz line, but if I had to choose, this conditioner and the no frizz styling cream would be my can’t-go-without products. I have damaged, color-treated hair that is FRIZZY on a good day, and these products help to keep it at bay.
8. IGK Mixed Feelings Leave-in Blonde Drops – If you have hair that tends to turn brassy over time, these drops will be your new best friend. Mix them in with whatever products you’re already using to tone your hair.
9. Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – I’m always trying new foundations, but I consistently come back to this one because of its lightweight formula and build-ability. You can wear just a bit or layer on more product for the coverage you want with a luminous finish. Love this one.
10. Too Faced Papa Don’t Peach Blush – I love the slightly shimmery finish to this blush that brightens your whole face. It’s not too sparkly, nor is it a chalky matte finish. And while I love Tarte’s Amazonian Clay blush for their color selection and longevity, this is the blush I’ve been reaching for most often these days. (Note: it smells like peaches–kind of like those scented dolls–I love it, but it’s not for everyone!)
11. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow – Pretty much the only eye makeup I’m wearing right now (aside from mascara). These sticks are so easy to use–just swipe on and blend with your finger. My favorite colors are the copper and rose gold colors, but I’m going to add some darker colors this time (like cocoa or khaki) to try a smokier look.
12. Philosophy the Microdelivery Resurfacing Peel – One of the products I buy over and over again. This peel makes your skin absolutely glow and leaves it feeling so incredibly soft. 100% worth it. (Read the reviews!)
13. L’Occitane Shower Oil – I forgot how much I love this stuff. It’s a cleansing & softening oil that smells amazing and makes your skin feel amazing. (I love using it to shave.)
14. Tarte Double-Ended Concealer Brush – Application is just as important as the product you use–and this brush helps to perfect the application of concealer, which can be tricky. Use the smaller brush to target specific areas (like under eye or blemishes) and the larger side to buff and blend it in.
15. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk – This is the best nude lip liner I’ve ever used. It’s not too pink, not too brown, is easy to apply, and is a no-smudge, waterproof formula for a no feathering or bleeding line. (I use it with this gloss on top for the BEST naturally-pinky-nude pout ever.)