Backcountry has quickly become one of our most-loved brands. Not only do they carry the best outdoor gear (I only know this because of everyone’s awesome reviews here on the blog…for the record, I’m pretty indoorsy) but they also carry plenty of brands that adventure seekers (Shana) and non-adventure seekers (me) can both appreciate. Exhibit A: these cute shoes.
Backcountry Summer Sale Faves: Hiking Boots & Sandals, Jackets & Coats, Plus Camping Gear & More Outdoor Goodies
Right now, Backcountry is running their HUGE Semiannual Summer Sale. Take up to 50% off a TON of pieces that are perfect for the chillier months ahead (hey, gorgeous Patagonia puffer) plus pieces that would come in handy right now like this Stoic Sun Shelter. A definite reader fav this summer.
Like most sales, this one is a LOT to cull through so, as usual, we all took some time to round up the good stuff. Scroll through for our highly-edited team picks and enjoy! Oh, ps. if something you love at Backcountry doesn’t happen to be on sale at the moment (boo!) be sure to try our special TME discount code: THEMOMEDIT for 15% off many full-priced items!
QUICK JUMP LINKS TO CONTRIBUTOR SALE PICKS
Laura | Amy | Meredith | Scotti | Linzi | Kat
Laura’s Backcountry Summer Sale Picks
1. These Sorel Explorer Joan Boots are so, so comfy, and soft and cushiony. I got them last fall and they were in high rotation all winter. Go up a ½ size for wearing with thick socks, otherwise TTS. The fleece I adore is 15% off with code THEMOMEDIT too!
2. These Sorel Kinetic Sandals are actually my mom’s, and if she had worn a ½ size smaller I’d have stolen them. Heh. SO comfy and yet can be dressed up, too. Totally getting some for our future Disney World trip! They’ll be perfect for any kind of travel that includes lots of walking.
Amy’s Backcountry Summer Sale Picks
1. The North Face Cragmont Fleece – This jacket is available in that gorg green/olive shade, and it’s a stunner! Light like a soft sweatshirt but with a longer length to give extra warmth.
2. Sorel Explorer Joan Boot – Don’t miss the Sorel boots section in the sale! There are a few pairs of this Joan boot featured, among many others (full review here)!
Meredith’s Backcountry Summer Sale Picks
1. I have this Cotopaxi Teca Half-Zip Windbreaker in another color scheme. It is the cutest jacket for hiking, drizzly days, etc.,
2. I own and love these Darn Tough Lightweight socks. They’re comfy and keep your feet dry.
Scotti’s Backcountry Summer Sale Picks
1. ALPS Mountaineering Spirit Table – We love, love, love our travel table. It’s one of those things that I had no idea how much I needed it until we got it–and now use it all the time. With places to keep your drinks steady and room for whatever you want to keep off the sand/dirt/snow, etc., this table is key for everything from the beach to tailgating and camping. (And it’s on sale for $25!!)
2. Coal Headwear Kate Pom Beanie – I have the hardest time finding hats that don’t look weird on me, but I love this one! It’s lightweight but warm, soft and comfy (doesn’t itch!) and doesn’t start to feel tight after wearing for awhile. (On sale for under $20 and also in blue.)
Linzi’s Backcountry Summer Sale Picks
We just got back from a Yellowstone-Tetons trip and are now super-motivated to spend more time traveling and planning outdoorsy adventures. Tons of good finds on sale to help with this goal in Backcountry’s sale.
Kat’s Backcountry Sale Picks
I am hoping to get out on the trails this weekend, and while it’s likely not going to be cold, I have to say that I am stoked to see that my favorite hiking jacket is on sale! Happy outdoorsing people!