In keeping with our sustainability goals, we’ve recently updated our Sustainable Style page. This page is a running list of retailers (and products) that have met our minimum standards for sustainability. The idea here is not to necessarily buy more, but if you happen to be in the market for something new, we’re hoping you’ll consider something that’s also a little better for our planet.
New to our list? We were thrilled to add brands like NAADAM Cashmere, Citizens of Humanity, AGoldE, Pact, and Brazilian-based sneaker company, Cariuma.
Sustainable Style Edit — Circular Fashion We Support
We’ve updated our top picks for all retailers on our Sustainable Style Page, but, as always, we did have some favorites. Here are my top ten sustainable products for January.
(click image above to be taken to a shopping widget, or get links below)
Clothing: My Top 10 Sustainable Products of The Month
- Amour Vert Mont Blanc Silk Top – I love what a little pattern can do for boring office basics, and this silk top is cute enough to work for girls night with destroyed denim and heels.
2. Reformation Viper Bodysuit (also at Nordstrom, but Ref uses environmentally-friendly packaging) – I’m always looking for a sexy little top that’s still warm, and this one is perfect. I’d layer this under a sweater for some serious day-to-night potential.
3. AGoldE Nico Jeans (black, also at Nordstrom) – I’ve recently discovered AGoldE jeans (via their ahhhmazing Parker cut-offs this past summer), and was thrilled to find out that they’re a sustainable brand. I’ve been eyeing up their Nico skinnies (check out this even lighter black wash — whoa so good) or…
4. AGoldE Riley High Rise Straight Crop Jeans (lighter wash) – The other pair by AGoldE that I really want to try. Both washes available look absolutely perfect…but I’ve gotta figure out my whole which-winter-shoe-works-with-straight-leg-jeans conundrum first. (ps. Verishop, if you’ve never shopped with them before, is a dream to both order from and process returns.)
5. Reformation Leila Dress (also at Nordstrom…but Ref uses environmentally-friendly packaging) – My birthday is in January, and this dress might be really fun to wear. I love the long sleeves, the potential for sexy tights and booties, and the fact that the ruching means I can eat as much as I want on date night. Style it with either the Everlane Puffy Puff (mentioned below) or for something a little fancier, this recycled faux-fur from Patagonia. This dress is also available in burgundy…
6. NAADAM $75 Cashmere Unisex Sweater – I love all of NAADAM’s sweaters (and their rock-solid commitment to sustainability)…but this $75 one is shocking for the price. It’s easily the best cashmere in the Under $100 category, hands down. (I have the oatmeal, pictured.)
7. Everlane Puffy Puff – Still one of my very favorite puffer coats, made from 100% recycled material. The oversized shape feels modern and fresh, and it would look especially cute over that little mini dress. (Linzi and I keep stealing it from each other.) Don’t be afraid to size up if you are between sizes — the oversized shape is part of its charm.
8. Cariuma Hightop Sneakers – This is the Brazilian brand that recently came on our radar. I LOVE this chic sneaker — just enough detail to be interesting. (They also make one in this year’s Pantone blue color that’s also worth checking out — it’s gorgeous.)
9. Everlane Tread Sneakers – I know we’ve talked about these a ton…but these are amazing. Literally one of the most timeless sneakers I’ve found — I’ll be wearing mine forever. They’re sleek and shockingly supportive (see Julieta’s detailed review here) and go with everything.
10. Voloshin Stick Earrings – Linzi has these earrings and I’m coveting them HARD. Understated and sofreakingcool.