Happy Friday! Anyone else packing up their black and gray neutrals, and fully embracing color? Shana’s deliciously cozy striped Stine Goya sweater (30% off at Saks) is just the piece to brighten up the end of spring. It’s like a breath of fresh air, and easy to style on the daily with neutral accessories.
Summer Dresses, Cute Shoes & Sexy Swimwear: Editor Sale Picks At Saks, Nordstrom, Anthro & More
Time to stock up! Linzi found the most versatile linen dress at Gap (40% off with code: FRIENDS) and it’s one worth wearing on repeat this season. I’m always reaching for a dress like this to wear with sporty sneakers and strappy sandals alike. Would make a cute cover-up over a swimsuit, too (Kat swears by Good American bikini tops and bottoms).
Keep scrolling for more top picks on sale, below!
Quick Contributor Jump Links
Scotti’s Sale Picks
My birthday is tomorrow! (And Jess’ b-day, and Amy has the same b-day month…yay, birthdays!) I’m getting a massage today to treat myself–my 40th was a big celebration, but my 41st is going to feature more of a low-key/self-care kind of theme. And along those same lines, this upcoming week is ANAwareness Week, to raise awareness for Acoustic Neuromas (the type of brain tumor I had). So cheers to my fellow warriors who have gone through it — it’s not easy, is it? ❤️ If you want to read more about my journey, this post is about my diagnosis, this one is about my first appointments at U of M and this one is after my surgery. I’m hoping they can help someone in a similar situation!
- This Dress, Though: You guys, this dress is SO so good…the key is tying the back underneath the straps. It twirls beautifully — a perfect summer dress!
- Favorite Skin Care Ever: Colleen Rothschild is having her Friends & Family sale for 25% off everything. Perfect time to stock up. My favorites are all here, but if you had to start with just one… this.
- DEEP Discounts: I can’t get over some of the insane deals over at Nordstrom (like this faux fur blanket and this shower curtain – both 75% off)!! More steals like that below!
Happy weekend, everyone!
Laura’s Sale Picks
Hey, Friday! The sun was shining when I woke up this morning and dang it if that doesn’t just automatically get the day off to the right start. My fellow PNW peeps…ENJOY! This weekend my friend Posy and I are off to an Airbnb with a farm featuring baby animals…haha…I know. It will be amazingly relaxing and fun.
Speaking of relaxing and fun, I started Lexapro this week. Seeing as it’s Mental Health Awareness month, it seems prudent to share that things are not always OK, and that’s OK. I’ve worked on building other tools over the years and I think that’s really important, but using medication when necessary is important, too! Anyway, others out there dealing with anxiety, perfectionism…I see you. We got this.
Sales are super-fun this week, too, friends.
- Making LBDs Springy: I’m really into cute black stretchy dresses right now (like this AllSaints on sale at Zappos!)…haha perhaps not so springy, but super-versatile. My solution is just throw on some sandals or a cute bag in a lighter shade and voila…spring-ified. It’s still so cool here in Portland so the sleeves on that one are still necessary. But there’s another below that is stunning and perf for warm temps!
- The Only Tinted Moisturizer I Like: It’s great to know some of y’all are loving this tinted moisturizer like I do. I don’t know how the magic works, especially for something under $30, but it does. Highly recommend trying it if you haven’t yet!
- And If A Black Dress Isn’t Your Choice For Spring: Ooh this dress in the same palm print as the bikini I tried from Boden in my recent swim post is on sale! The wrap style is gorgeous. I bet this will go quickly (they don’t offer a ton of sales.)
Have a great weekend, friends. I’m gonna soak up the sun…xoxo
Linzi’s Sale Picks
It’s almost summer comfort shoe round-up time, guys!!! I have tried so so sooooooo many and have some very strong opinions this year! I’ll hopefully wrap up the big post soon-ish, but until then…several good ones on sale are in my picks below (including this crowd favorite from years past). And now moving on to amazing summer bags…I have the Clare V. Sandy, but J Crew’s new Cadiz bag comes in 6 colors (I love the flame and the natural), has a VERY similar vibe, and is HALF the price! Worth checking out for sure.
More good deals…
- After Julieta did my colors, I got this dress and readers have been loving it. I don’t think it’s for me, but I HAVE been eyeing this jacket that’s on sale and has a similar GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS color.
- Who needs a pretty summer top: this one with SUCH pretty detailing is on sale (limited time, though). Looks like one of those that you put on and it’s an immediate WOW.
- Lifetime Fav Comfort Shoes: this brand makes my feet SO, SO, SO happy. Especially on sale. I like the black.
- Jeans Under $50: Check out the butt on these if you wear skinny-ish jeans— I love the cute detailing. One of my favorite brands for VERY budget-friendly denim.
Kat’s Sale Picks
Happy Friday, beautiful people. I can definitely feel that Mercury has gone retrograde because little things are going wrong. I stopped at the grocery store yesterday after my appointment, and managed to lock myself out of my car, and had to wait two-and-a-half hours for roadside assistance to arrive. And this morning, my 5am flight to Vegas got canceled…But thankfully, I am rescheduled for a later flight! I am headed to Vegas for a weekend of festivities and was invited to attend the Lovers & Friends Festival! I am beyond excited to see Lauren Hill, Usher and a ton of other iconic artists. Here’s to hoping that Mercury treats me a little better these upcoming weeks.
- Looking for a sexy swimsuit? – This gorgeous cut-out swimsuit is seriously so damn sexy. I loved it online and it’s even better IRL. You bet your bottom dollar I packed it for this weekend’s trip!
- OMG Am I In Love With these: I really have a serious obsession with cargo-style pants right now, and while these technically aren’t cargos, they definitely give off a hint of that vibe and they are $53!
- I am obsessed with this podcast: I am typically a fan of murder and mystery podcasts, but over the last year I can’t stop listening to the confident collective. It’s a feel-good show, talks about women’s issues and is so inspiring!
Hope you all have a beautiful weekend! XX
Amy’s Sale Picks
I was up far past my bedtime last night seeing Justin Bieber in concert with my mom (celebrating our shared birthday this month), and let’s just say it was *iconic*. Justin wore a neon yellow matching top and bottoms, and now suddenly I want to splurge on this matching set for myself (and I’m only half kidding…).
As for sales? There are some good ones –
- Stylish Swimwear: I can’t stop thinking about this recycled one-piece swimsuit with its most genius strap design. It’s incredibly chic!
- Sell-Out Risk: This “almost lipstick” went viral on TikTok for its flattering color and moisturizing balm consistency. It’s every bit as amazing as it sounds.
- ’90s For Summer: If you’re seeking denim shorts with longer legs, here’s an option from AGOLDE that looks extra amazing!
Obsessing over everything else below, too! Happy Weekend! Xx
Julieta’s Sale Picks
I should admit that I’m the one who always forgets the flu shot. Last week, what I thought were allergies became four days in bed with a fever and many more days of congestion, body and headaches, and my body feeling weak. Why didn’t I know the flu could be WAY worse than COVID?
Now on to sales…Last week I couldn’t even look at them.
- Bootcut jeans, yes please! – It was the wash that first caught my eye, then the fit and…well. These Joe’s Jeans bootcut jeans are bootilicious.
- The first sandals I’m buying this season – These Toms Platform Sandals are a unicorn. They look very stylish while having a cushion-y and comfortable insole. They’re perfect for my new MOTHER Flared jeans.
- These linen shorts look so comfy – I want to add more non-denim shorts to my summer wardrobe and these Abercrombie linen blend shorts seem like a good addition.
Em’s Sale Picks
Hey gang, Friday the 13th strikes again. Chris is under the weather, so I’m more or less solo parenting both girls for the first time this weekend hoping to keep the three of us healthy while he rests (really putting those placenta pills to the test as I attempt not to hormonally spiral on this one) – but at least the weather is gorgeous here! Here’s what I’m loving this week for sales:
- Barrel Racing: Seriously, run don’t walk to snag these barrel jeans from Gap during Friends and Family. This wash has been intermittently available, but it looks really well stocked for the sale. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but this is easily the pair of jeans I’ve been wearing most since baby – they manage to look both cool and current while fitting slightly slouchier than mom jeans or 501s. I always get compliments at the park.
- Splurge worthy: This silk blouse has major Forever Closet potential. So classic and timeless, with elevated details that make it seem worth the splurge. And I love the buttons – they feel almost vintage.
- Not on sale, but at only $5.99…this is the handiest (ha) little mitt for applying sunless tanner. I am a complete sunless tanner newb, and this mitt made applying it an absolute breeze. It’s so soft and distributes the product so evenly, I swear it’s foolproof. (p.s. This is the tanning water I’ve been using. It’s buildable and maybe just a hint more orange than my natural tan, but it looks natural enough. Also, the initial smell is gloriously vacation-y. After that, it definitely fades to a self-tanner scent, which I don’t particularly mind, but, yeah…it’s there.)
Happy weekend, friends! Xo, Em