Here’s another post where I will start off by saying…where am I and how did we already get to like mid-November??? OK, I’m exaggerating a bit about the date, but why does it feel like all holiday stuff is even earlier this year? I swear. Next year it’ll start in August.
Well, here we are. Let’s just embrace and enjoy it, I guess! I’m hoping some of these lovely favs I picked are part of upcoming sales (to quote Billie Eilish, DUH). Cozy, pretty, and OK, like one practical thing seems like a good balance here. You know I had to include plenty of animal print and a little bit of plaid, too. ALSO — I’m still OBSESSED with finding the perfect ivory sweater.
Cozy, Chic & Collected: Laura’s Wishlist For Black Friday 2019 Shopping
01/ 02/ 03/ 04/ 05/ 06/ 07/ 08/ 09/ 10/ 11/ 12
- Anthropologie Maribel Necklace // Layered necklaces are all I really want to wear. I keep eyeing these with the tiny dangles that add a bit more movement and shine without looking too gaudy or busy.
- Modcloth Pom Pom Beanie // I’m totally into yellow and camel together right now. This hat is just FUN.
- J.Crew Mockneck Cableknit Sweater // Ivory sweaters are such a go-to for me all winter. The stitch detail on this one is beautiful. It looks like it would be a nice fit, too…not too tight, not too slouchy.
- Boden Palmer Coat // This cutie coat is the perfect night-out piece. My night-out outfits usually consist of jeans, fun heels/boots, a white tee, and a cool coat. This would work perfectly.
- Frye Sacha Boot (and at Amazon currently on sale!) // I just ordered these to try out because I’ve been eyeing them for months. They are a great height on the leg, a classic style but also on-trend, a bit timeless and just rad. This shade of leather goes perfectly with both blue and black denim. I feel like these are really a forever boot…and you can’t go wrong with Frye.
- slip silk pillowcase // The wrinkles aren’t disappearing y’all, so I might as well do some more to prevent newer ones appearing, right? I also hear this is great for taming hair frizziness, too. It’s been on my list for a while now.
- J.Crew Lodge Coat // Continually on the hunt for the perfect camel coat… I love the structure of this one AND the shade of camel may just work with my light hair and skin since it’s a bit darker. This coat shape is one I’m drawn back to year after year.
- Anthropologie Pilcro Slim Boyfriend Jeans – I love the straight leg, the light worn wash and the rolled cuff option on these. They’re flattering with all styles of shoes — unlike skinny jeans, which I don’t love with everything. I’m so drawn to straight-leg styles right now (I’m wearing one as I write this). Such a versatile jean and this wash looks perfect, too.
- Smeg Copper Kettle // We’ve had our electric kettle for years and it’s our favorite, BUT it’s not very pretty. This is GORGEOUS, like a piece of artwork sitting out on the counter. I have a friend who swears by Smeg appliances and I mean, just look at it.
- Rolla’s Plaid Coat // This plaid is so good. It’s classic and wintery and not too trendy, so it will be wearable for years. I like that it’s casual; honestly, I wear way more casual than dressy coats these days. I’d pair this with the ivory sweater, the light-wash rolled jeans and my Danner boots.
- J.Crew Riley Sandals in Leopard // I adore these. They have a glitter sole. Leopard heels are some of the most-worn heels in my closet and these are beautiful. They add a little fun to any neutral outfit, a little pop of interest to basics, and mix so well with solid colors, too. I love the idea of these with an emerald green sweater and blue jeans.
- Ring Cam // We’ve been wanting one for the porch for a while now. Friends have suggested the one without the flood light option if you leave a porch light on anyway, because they get clearer video results that way. This is a great time to buy this kind of thing!
What’s on your wishlist for this year? Shout out to this super-cozy blanket I should have included in the collage above, but y’all. Right?! Stay warm! (For a peek at our other Black Friday shopping wishlists, and keep an eye on our upcoming posts, head over to Black Friday/Cyber Monday central here.)
Check out the latest in my world over at @laurajansenstyle and join us in our everyday adventuring around Portland, Oregon. If you want to shop my current pieces I’m loving and wearing, head over to My Closet!
All the mustard, leopard, and plaid, please! Awesome list! xx
Yay! Thanks, lady!! Always!
How do the sizes on the plaid jacket run, item 10? Thanks.
I haven’t tried it out yet, but it looks like European sizing, so I’d say go up a size!
I just bought the JCrew lodge coat in camel (on Ebay! with tags! Secondhand score!) I LOVE it. It’s incredibly warm for such a polished coat and the knit collar and cuffs are fantastic. I don’t like itchy wool next to my neck. But I wanted to mention that the collar is quite slim-fitting. I bought my normal size 2 and the neck feels a bit tight when zipped alllll the way up. So you might consider sizing up if you plan to zip it to the top often. The rest of of the coat (shoulders, body) fit TTS.