OK gang — here’s my highly edited guide to Black Friday picks. The collage below contains the pieces I’m most likely to buy this year. Below the collage, you’ll find my own personal edit of the rest of the Black Friday sales. Some are additional pieces I’m considering, some are pieces I own and love, and some are just new pieces that popped up and made me SWOON.
In the vein of ‘own and love’ be sure to check out my edit of the Shopbop sale. I highlighted some of my hardest-working pieces that happen to be on sale. Lastly, don’t miss our Shop Black Friday Page (via the dropdown). It has links to every dressing room selfie we’ve done over the last month, every Editor wishlist and Black Friday guide we’ve published, AND…a full shopping list of the best Black Friday pieces, broken down my retailer. (Basically my life’s work, no big deal.)
My Highly Edited Black Friday Shopping List
- rag & bone Rosa Mid-Rise Boyfriend – I love my boyfriend jeans (rag & Bone bres) but the rise is really low. Am hoping these are just as good, but more modern.
2. rag & bone Nina High-Rise Skinny – YAS. Some of my fav skinnies, in a seriously cool wash.
4. Anthropologie Pick-A-Pom Ribbed Beanie Base – Linzi turned me onto this genius product. Pick a base, and pick a pom (or two). I’m definitely getting two.
5. simplehuman Sensor Mirror Hi-Fi Makeup Mirror – I cannot freaking get the light right for putting makeup on. Am hoping that this mirror solves everything. It’s gotta – we’re talking mirror, light AND a speaker. Ambiance, baby.
6. Parachute Edged Linen Duvet Cover Set – OK. So here’s the thing: you know how cotton sheets are super-cold initially but flannel sheets have too much friction and mess with your PJs? Linen sheets are the best of both worlds. They’re cool to slip into in the summer, but feel more like flannel in the winter…without messing with your jammies. They’re insanely durable and this set just gets better and better with every wash. We just use this duvet with Parachute’s linen bottom sheet (and Slip’s silk pillowcases). Sleep heaven.
7. Parachute Classic Starter Bathroom Bundle – I have had the same set of towels for YEARS and for YEARS they have smelled like mold. I am done. I am done with you, smelly towels. I have been waiting — patiently — for Parachute’s Black Friday sale to get this whole darn set and start fresh.
8. GRLFRND – Carla Distressed High-rise Flared Jeans – Light denim – I have AND FREAKING LOVE SO MUCH these jeans (it’s been a long week, grammar bad). They just feel really modern and fresh. (Buy jeans. Shana say so.)
9. Sigma Beauty E38 Diffused Crease(TM) Brush – One could wash her makeup brushes more often. Or……one could buy another brush for “colorful” smokey eyes so her “everyday” eyeshadow doesn’t get strange streaks of green in it. (Either way, this brush is the key to smokey eye happiness.)
10. BeautyBio GloPRO® Microneedling Regeneration Tool – So THIS is kind of a big deal. If you’d like to reduce wrinkles, that is. If, however, you’re reading this thinking, “I don’t have wrinkles yet, silly” then maybe go read someone else. Tori’s young. So is Julieta. BYE.
11. PMD Personal Microderm Pro Device – I swear by these at-home mircroderm devices. The first time I used it Raines — who was 6 at the time — looked at me and said, “Mom! Your face looks…really pretty.” SOLD. The results are pretty dramatic.
12. Lole KAYLY JACKET – I have this little jacket in black and I freaking LOVE IT. I wear it so often that mayyyybe I want the red, too? In any case, I highly recommend either the black OR the red. (And you can see the black in action, here.)
13. James Perse Rib Turtleneck – Is it sheer? I hope so. I ordered it because it looked sheer. I plan on wearing it with a black bra and high-rise jeans and making it My Sexy Date Night Turtleneck.
14. The Racer Silk Charmeuse Cami – I’m crazy about these silk camis. I’ve droned on and on about this before, but I really do wear these freaking things ALL THE TIME. In winter as a baselayer OR over a white tee, in summer when it’s too hot for everything else. Traveling, I’ll wash it in the sink. At home, I machine wash cold, lay flat to dry. It’s not shiny once you do that, but I love it still.
15. Classic Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife – I’m a Wusthof girl. And this small Chef’s knife is my favorite one to use. Unfortunately it’s Mike’s favorite too, which is why I want another.
16. Marta Necklace – I’m obsessed with how this necklace looks a little bit punk on. So good.
17. Chan Luu Multi-Row & Stone Wrap Bracelet – I’ve been wearing Chan Luu bracelets for years, and THIS ONE is the most versatile. The light tan leather goes with brown, black, navy or white, and the mixed metals means you can wear any other jewelry with it.
18. Chan Luu Large Hammered Hoop Earrings – Shit. These sold out. Nevermind.
19. NAADAM Balloon Sleeve Cropped Turtleneck Navy – I cannot fully express the joy this cozy wonder brings me. It’s SO good and sustainably made! Insanely warm, easy to layer something under, and beyond soft. You can see it on me, here.
21. Savanna Baskets Diamond Straw Basket – This sustainably made basket was handmade in Ghana, and is flexible enough to be folded, making it really good for travel. There’s also this one — I can’t decide.
Shop The Rest of My Black Friday Sales Edit
Happy holidays, everyone!